Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Parcel shelf or not?

Loving my UX 250H Sport 2021 that I purchases 1 week ago, however there is no parcel shelf, the garage I bought it from said this model doesn’t have one, but from what I can see it should have one.

if it should any advice where I can buy one please

rhanks

They all do, probably saying that because they cost around £300. :shocking:

Just a thought, check in the boot under the floor panel, the "shelf" is a fold up fabric one that can be twisted up like a pop-up tent and stored in about a foot square black cloth bag that may be under there,

• Like 2

As Mick says, don’t be looking for a conventional shelf, the supplied one sucks and amounts to a bit of spring loaded fabric.  I don’t bother with using mine.

• Like 2

I've had two UX's and the cover was the first thing I took out. Waste of time, particularly if you have tinted rear glass anyway. Save your cash!

• Like 3

I think it's a genius design, lightweight, easily removable, efficient! No sound proofing but rear end is quiet enough! Great fun folding it though, never have mastered it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve added a decent boot light in the aperture for the back door hinge so I can’t use mine now anyway.  

IMG_0884.jpeg

IMG_0883.jpeg

• Like 1

Love hate relationship with mine as I have posted before.

Light and easy to store, once you have mastered the foldng. Unhooking it drives me mad, the  suspension cords that attach to the boot are ok but the loops seems to attach to a barbed fishing hook.

Optional designs I have had on other cars are rigid ones, nice picnic shelf but where do you store them.

Roller blind type, as above plus the one I had on my Audi A4 weighed a ton.

Bill D.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Unhooking it drives me mad, the  suspension cords that attach to the boot are ok but the loops seems to attach to a barbed fishing hook.

The trick to that is to not to try to unhook the loop back over the barb but slide the other half over the barb as well so it just drops out.

10 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Love hate relationship with mine as I have posted before.

Light and easy to store, once you have mastered the foldng. Unhooking it drives me mad, the  suspension cords that attach to the boot are ok but the loops seems to attach to a barbed fishing hook.

Optional designs I have had on other cars are rigid ones, nice picnic shelf but where do you store them.

Roller blind type, as above plus the one I had on my Audi A4 weighed a ton.

Bill D.

I think the NX shelf is a good compromise.

It's made of the same mesh fabric, but it does have a rigid frame with fittings that clip in at the back, crucially it has hinges in the middle so neatly folds in half and has a specific space for it under the boot floor.  The thing it shares with the UX cover is zero sound proofing qualities so you will hear things rustling in the boot, fortunately my boot is always empty apart from when shopping etc.

• Like 4

On 7/13/2024 at 1:05 PM, ScoFair said:

Mine still in a bag under the floor panel. Dreadful cheap and nasty thing

You say cheap & nasty but it’s certainly not cheap.

• Like 3

On 7/13/2024 at 5:08 PM, Lmafudd said:

I think it's a genius design, lightweight, easily removable, efficient! No sound proofing but rear end is quiet enough! Great fun folding it though, never have mastered it!

I think it's great too - it takes up so little space when not being used!  

For folding watch the best UX250h video I've seen (imho) with Melissa at 

Go to 6:10 in the video (or click the 'more' link to see the video index) to see how simple and easy it is to fold the "tonneau shade" as our U.S friends call it! LOL

• Like 1

I used mine when I had my UX - just for an added bit of 'security' from prying eyes, despite tinted windows. I don't know - but driving without it in place made the car seem a bit 'incomplete' to me. The only time it ever came out was when I carried the odd bulky load. 

I do complete agree with comments suggesting it's useless and flimsy. I didn't personally like it, but felt it was 'better than nothing'. I couldn't be bothered folding it up on the few occasions it came out. When I tried attempting, it simply sprang back straight back into shape, almost taking an eye out! I think it was designed to be little more than fabric, in order for it to be able to 'bulge' upwards due to the notable shallowness of the boot (by far my biggest complaint I had with the UX). 

The one in the NX is a little better - in that it offers more structure to it but the majority is still that stretchy fabric material which means anything not secured in the boot can be heard shifting around... 

On 7/12/2024 at 10:07 PM, Cocopops1 said:

Loving my UX 250H Sport 2021 that I purchases 1 week ago, however there is no parcel shelf, the garage I bought it from said this model doesn’t have one, but from what I can see it should have one.

May I ask if you purchased it from a Lexus main dealer? If so, I'm rather surprised they've supplied the car without a replacement parcel shelf (assuming you're meaning the fabric one we're on about...). 

I know this is a long shot and it's something you've probably already done, but check underneath the false boot floor. I know that's where mine was when I bought mine new. 

On 7/13/2024 at 12:07 AM, Don C said:

As Mick says, don’t be looking for a conventional shelf, the supplied one sucks and amounts to a bit of spring loaded fabric.  I don’t bother with using mine.

Aye i dont bother with mine Don

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 11:19 PM, Don C said:

I’ve added a decent boot light in the aperture for the back door hinge so I can’t use mine now anyway.  

IMG_0884.jpeg

IMG_0883.jpeg

Just looking at your Configuration Don with the lower level

• Like 1

My LBX has a proper Parcel Shelf which can fold for taller items.

Tel

On 7/23/2024 at 11:22 PM, ALAW said:

Just looking at your Configuration Don with the lower level

Yes, just dropped the deck for a bit more depth 👍

18 hours ago, Tel said:

My LBX has a proper Parcel Shelf which can fold for taller items.

Tel

Seen it on my mate’s.  Much better arrangement.   

• Like 1

Don,

Fit your Parcel Shelf & when you need your boot lit surely unhooking the 2 cords is easy as the shelf auto-parks vertically.

Terry

I have a boot liner, great for keeping the carpet clean but not so good for lowering the boot level. Maybe I need to get the scissors out!

13 hours ago, Lmafudd said:

I have a boot liner, great for keeping the carpet clean but not so good for lowering the boot level. Maybe I need to get the scissors out!

Yes, I’ve considered a boot liner but haven’t for that very reason.  I reckon a carpet offcut is the solution.   

15 hours ago, Tel said:

Don,

Fit your Parcel Shelf & when you need your boot lit surely unhooking the 2 cords is easy as the shelf auto-parks vertically.

Terry

You’ve lost me Tel.   That light is in the cap for the hatchback hinge which actually looks like it is intended to hold a light.  It won’t work with the parcel shelf (frizby) affair but if I do use the parcel shelf I could position another light in the hatchback above my head.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Don C

Hi

Could confirm the version of your Lexus UX (250h ? With the front or all traction WD) ?

How did you manage to save boot space? 

I want to buy a UX 250h MY22 F Sport with 310L boot size but it's still a very small trunk

thx 😉

On 8/27/2024 at 7:25 PM, Shinken said:

@Don C

Hi

Could confirm the version of your Lexus UX (250h ? With the front or all traction WD) ?

How did you manage to save boot space? 

I want to buy a UX 250h MY22 F Sport with 310L boot size but it's still a very small trunk

thx 😉

I’ve. Got the E4 version and I run it with the boot deck in the lower position and that works fine for me.  It’s a strange question though because only you know if the boot is big enough for what you need.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links