Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Brake oil leaking badly

Hello, 

After a pleasant 6 months of faultless driving and experiencing  no issues with my My 2010 LS600hl, I have now encountered a big issue. 

There leaking brake fluid oil, looks like rear passenger side, not sure if it the caliper, brake pipe or anything else. 

I get the Abs warning as well as all the other warning lights on the dash and the beeping, so can't drive the car as brakes are not working. 

I get the following codes... System Type: BRAKES 
Name: ANTILOCK BRAKING SYSTEM/VEHICLE STABILITY CONTROL/TRACTION CONTROL- ABS/VSC/TRC DTC: C1202,Master Reservoir Level DTC: C1252,Brake Booster Pump Motor on Time Abnormally Long 
DTC:C1256,Accumulator low pressure malfunction

I will start with the leak and then top up with Dot 4, clear the codes and see how I go, however not sure if this is the dreaded Abs sensor, ecu issue, which I thought did not apply to the post lifted LS600hl as it has different braking? Any suggestions? 

• Sad 1

Like you say, find the leak first. Most likely to be one of the metal brake pipes or flexible brake hose rather than the caliper.

Brake pipes can last around 10 - 12 years before certain ones will need replacement. Bear in mind your car is around 14 years old. 

11 hours ago, HPS13 said:

Like you say, find the leak first. Most likely to be one of the metal brake pipes or flexible brake hose rather than the caliper.

Brake pipes can last around 10 - 12 years before certain ones will need replacement. Bear in mind your car is around 14 years old. 

Thank you, that is the best approach, hopefully it is just that👍

I have had rear calipers leak, albeit on a VW not a Lexus.

If it is the caliper you will probably see brake fluid has sprayed around the wheel arch liner.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2024 at 5:23 PM, Malc1 said:

Niaz hi, any news ?

Malc

Hi Malc, 

Sorry been busy on other stuff, but car is in garage as of today (had to go on a big 9.5 tonne flatbed trailer).

Will find out early next week, fingers crossed not big issue. 

Also did not know Dot 4 and Dot 5 are used nowadays, I was thinking Dot 3!.lol

• Like 1

If there is a leak then the fault codes are fully understandable and expected. If the system cannot get to the desired pressure within a set time (because there is a leak) then it will produce an error and the fluid level will drop. 

Fix the leak, clear the errors and everything should be good. 

• Like 1

On my LS600h I got advised that the rear pipes were corroded and need replacing.

Might be the same with yours? 

189fe9e3-9e03-4edf-be29-3cbcf90b11d6.jpeg

• Like 1

So far not good news, one of the pipes was leaking and replaced, but then when bleeding was done the other side started to leak, mechanic will be looking at another way to bleed it, I think the setup is different on a hybrid car, once all sorted he will reset the codes. 

Hopefully will get it sorted in the next few days. 

• Like 1

Brake pipes fixed but all lights on screen and get to fault codes, which are... 

ABS:
C1203 - Manufacturer-specific code
(tap to search)
C1345 - Linear Solenoid Valve Offset Learning undone

Power steering:
C1203 - Manufacturer-specific code
(tap to search)
C1345 - Linear Solenoid Valve Offset Learning undone

Neither myself or the mechanic have a decent diagnostic, so not sure if a reprogram and clear will do it, any ideas? 

• Sad 1

Good news Car is all sorted, got hold of a better obd reader, and tried to clear ABS fault code, did not work, then on you tube show to go to ECB and select the linear one reset, did this and ABS and other lights start to flash, took 2 minutes to update. Reset all codes and it worked. No lights, no issue no ABS problem, brakes work fine. 

I go back to my original argument in the post 2009  LS600hl, does not have issue with ABS module, pump or actuator , unlike the 460 or other Lexus models. 

225000 miles and onwards we go.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links