Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

UX250h - potential purchase...

Some of you might(!?) recall I used to own a beloved Soarer, then an RX300 and now a tiny Toyota IQ.

Having currently got a bit of £, I am thinking of changing cars.

I've had my Toyota IQ for 2 years - it's great.

I did think about the Lexus LBX which looks really nice but too much money maybe?

So I saw this ( UX Link ).

I like the Takumi spec.

Apart from the usual due diligence, I'm just wondering if anyone knows this car or has any UX themed guidance?

Regards,

Piers.

Not much to look out for specifically. The 2019 models didn't come with CarPlay/AA - it needs a software upgrade so negotiate that into the deal if it hasn't already been done.

Runflat tyres may be noisy, depending on which brand are fitted.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, Colin.

Well...

I 'found' a nice 2019 UX (23k) at Lexus in Coventry. Communication back and forth. Was asked when I would like to view, I said Saturday.

No response and no communication since. Odd. That was 3 days ago.

I also found a nice 2020 UX (15k) at Lexus in Birmingham. Communication back and forth and a video.

Went to see it yesterday. Slightly lower spec, but looks and drive well. Higher mileage. Full Lexus Service History. Will get two new front tyres, courtesy of the Lexus garage, and a service and MOT. I will collect it in a few days. 

• Like 3

On 7/10/2024 at 5:37 PM, ColinBarber said:

Not much to look out for specifically. The 2019 models didn't come with CarPlay/AA - it needs a software upgrade so negotiate that into the deal if it hasn't already been done.

Runflat tyres may be noisy, depending on which brand are fitted.

Agreed re negotiate CarPlay/AA - that's what I did. I believe that will also get you the latest sat/nav maps with the upgrade (which is good if you like the turn directions etc to appear on your Heads Up display, like I do, and which you wont get with Waze or Google Maps etc.)

• Thanks 1

I'm always impressed that the directions come up on the dash, (near the speedo behind the steering wheel) when using Google Maps. Much safer than looking at the central screen and simplified for clarity.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my 2020 UX last Wednesday. It's a UX with the Premium Pack. A good price I thought also, from a Lexus dealer.

I also got a full service, 4 new tyres and a new windscreen thrown in, all free.

Whilst the work was being done, I was loaned a UX F Sport (Takumi).

I think I prefer my lesser specced version.

The HUD display was good, but I found it distracting. The 'leather' seats were nice, but I miss them less than  I thought I would. The sound system was fine, though not sure I can tell the difference. The Lane Assist was ok, but sometimes too clever for its own good. The big screen was very clear, though almost too big? The blind spot warning worked well, but I often thought there was a car indicating in my peripheral vision, when it was simply a car going past me, on the M6.

My UX is great. A VERY comfortable ride, very comfy seats, great equipment still. Reversing camera, heated seats and steering wheel. No ventilated seats, but I turned them off. Wasn't keen.The sound system is fine, I can connect my Iphone etc.

It's a lovely looking car, feels so solid. And currently 53mpg. The hybrid works seamlessly. 

It feels nice to be back in the Lexus world!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links