Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

10 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

It’s probably the DFS sale effect, put up the prices so they can be reduced 2 months later

This is the ZEV effect. 

22% of cars that manufacturers register and sell this year must be zero emission vehicles, or they get fined £15k per vehicle they are short. For the first couple of years of the zero emission mandate, manufacturers can get one credit for selling an EV (nice and simple) and also earn partial credits for lowering their average fleet co2 (very complex formula). PHEVs (plug-in hybrids) have much lower co2 emissions under the testing regime (a quarter or less of a hybrid car) and so are a great way for Lexus to earn partial credits by significantly lowering their fleet emissions, and not get fined £15k per car.

Before these price cuts, Lexus had been offering much larger PCP deposits and lower interest rates on its EVs and PHEVs, compared to the offers on their normal hybrids. It meant their PHEVs worked out roughly the same (or less) to purchase new than a hybrid. 

At the start of July, Lexus only reduced the prices of their EVs and PHEVs (450h+ models) but didn’t reduce the standard 350h hybrids. They also still have better EV and PHEV PCP offers - so this is clearly about dissuading standard hybrid purchases.

Earning a bit less money on sales is clearly preferable to paying ridiculously large fines! 

• Like 5

Be interesting to see what the new Chancellor of the Exchequer thinks of this ……. how car owners can be drained of as much £££ as possible while pushing the concept of “ green “ and keeping car sales up up up somehow 

I do enjoy my petrol V8s tho’ 👍🤣🤞

Malc 

• Like 2

Time to go back and renegotiate my order which is due to start build this month 🤬

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Be interesting to see what the new Chancellor of the Exchequer thinks of this ……. how car owners can be drained of as much £££ as possible while pushing the concept of “ green “ and keeping car sales up up up somehow 

I do enjoy my petrol V8s tho’ 👍🤣🤞

Malc 

My NX450+ purchase, now over a year ago, was driven by the belief that we'd get a Labour government who will batter anything remotely powerful running on petrol\diesel. I'll see what happens in the next couple of years because there's every chance that Starmer and Reeves will change their minds on most things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BonzoSPB said:

Starmer and Reeves will change their minds on most things.

hahahahaha  .  they promised no increase in taxation . yet promising the earth . from wherever tho'  ............  Miracles do happen I'm sure 

They can perform miracles tho and we must trust in their skills to do so 👍

After all, they've solved the Illegal Migrant Boat issue with immediate effect .  Well done  👋👋......  I read they've changed the status of those migrants to  " Legal Migrants " in one fell swoop ...  welcome to all the boat crossings on fine summery days to the sunkissed beaches of Dover and more ...... Yvette Cooper is surpassing herself at Miracle Making 

I'm sure they will achieve lots and lots for the motorists without getting more £££££ from our stretched purses 🤣😂 ............... My Lexii I'll just keep filling up and V8 motor as usual wherever I can ..  it's so enjoyable and great fun .......... vroom vroom at 70mph and up to 400 +  mile range or so with just a 5 min refuel somewhere  .......  no electrik leads to worry about and draining the National Grid for me  😉  ....  I'm doing my bit for " greening the planet " by keeping my elderly steeds in fine fettle and reshod from time to time  .  keeping the scrappage levels down for sure hopefully 

Ho hum  .........  

Malc

• Like 6

Cars in general have become too expensive since Covid.

£25,000 for some "crap wee car".

Difficult to get a decent car that is below £40,000 "luxury car tax 🙄".

• Like 2

Modern  ( read overpriced into that description ) cars are full of gizmos that get in the way and are potentially distracting the driver and therefore dangerous. I prefer old cars with less electronics/crapola to go wrong and the money spent on a proper engine and transmission etc. Real motoring as opposed to "A to B" with infotainment and nanny mithering reminders all the time. Just call me old fashioned? 😉  BTW Maybe that's why I like my HD bike -a 100 year old motorcycle built in the 2020's still retains a lot of the old design features and character. Even sounds almost the same!  Honestly!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links