Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

22 minutes ago, welshtufty said:

Hello again, anyone on here have a 2 or 3 year service contract with their local dealers ?

wt

Yes I have been doing 2 year service plans with 3 services every 2 years (as I do around 15k miles per annum) for a number of renewals - what do you need to know? 

I’m interested because I have bought a 2015 IS 300h which has a 3 year service contract. 2 of the services have been done 2023 and 2024 with the big 10 year one due next April 2025.

Although the contract states clearly that it’s transferable to a new owner the company is being very obstructive in processing the transfer. It’s not the Lexus dealer but a company called EMaC. 
I am curious to know if it’s the same company for all of those contracts?

Thanks everyone 

WT

15 minutes ago, welshtufty said:

I’m interested because I have bought a 2015 IS 300h which has a 3 year service contract. 2 of the services have been done 2023 and 2024 with the big 10 year one due next April 2025.

Although the contract states clearly that it’s transferable to a new owner the company is being very obstructive in processing the transfer. It’s not the Lexus dealer but a company called EMaC. 
I am curious to know if it’s the same company for all of those contracts?

Thanks everyone 

WT

The Lexus service plans are administered by EMaC. In the T&Cs it states that "The Customer may transfer the Balance to a new Contract..." to cover I would assume for example when selling the current car and buying a new one - however, if it is moving the balance to a different Customer (e.g. who is buying the car) then there isn't anything in the T&Cs that cover that I can see. From discussions I had with my dealer when I took out the Service Plan, I was of the understanding that if I sold the car I could simply cash out what was left in the plan and hadn't been spent on services and that the plan didn't move with the car, the new owner would take out a new service plan to meet their needs - but that is just what I remember from a discussion I had. It's interesting that the car you have purchased has some of a service plan left with it. If you purchased the car from the dealer with this as part of the deal then I would have thought it's up to the dealer to sort it out whatever way they need to with EmaC so long as you get a "free" "Full" service which in your case would be the 100K mile one - btw Lexus now only do two fixed cost services - "Full" and "Interim" - there are no differently priced services by mileage/age and they simply do whatever is in the service schedule for the mileage/age when the car is presented to them - so there isn't a "big" 10 year one, it's simply a normal "Full" service.

I have a plan with Emac, which I took out when I bought mine three years ago. The salesman gave me a copy of the offer which included four annual services for £41.75 each month, which I took out before inflation struck. Next service is due August. 
Each time the car is serviced, there is no charge for collection and returning it to me.

Lexus always contact me to advise when my service and MOT (combined) is due. 

Always ensuring that I have the car serviced and MOT’d in plenty of time, I rang Lexus to arrange a suitable date for collection. The lass on the reception advised me that it would be £55 for the collection service. I told her that I’d never been charged for this service since they’d been servicing the car. Her reply was, ‘it must be in your contact, then.’

To be honest, I’d never received the terms of my contract from Emac so I recently contacted them. I received the terms, which basically covers what is included and what is not. Nowhere in the contract does it include free collection as part of the deal. The monthly payments cease in December, this year and I still have one more service in 2025.

The thing about these contracts is, I’ve got peace of mind and know that the hybrid Battery is under warranty for each year as long as Lexus check it over and the car is serviced by them.

I doubt that I will ever get such a good deal from Lexus these days. The car’s still only on 45k miles and drives just as good as when I bought it. I certainly won’t be changing it. In fact it will probably be my last car at my age. Sad to say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony1452 said:

I have a plan with Emac, which I took out when I bought mine three years ago. The salesman gave me a copy of the offer which included four annual services for £41.75 each month, which I took out before inflation struck. Next service is due August. 
Each time the car is serviced, there is no charge for collection and returning it to me.

Lexus always contact me to advise when my service and MOT (combined) is due. 

Always ensuring that I have the car serviced and MOT’d in plenty of time, I rang Lexus to arrange a suitable date for collection. The lass on the reception advised me that it would be £55 for the collection service. I told her that I’d never been charged for this service since they’d been servicing the car. Her reply was, ‘it must be in your contact, then.’

To be honest, I’d never received the terms of my contract from Emac so I recently contacted them. I received the terms, which basically covers what is included and what is not. Nowhere in the contract does it include free collection as part of the deal. The monthly payments cease in December, this year and I still have one more service in 2025.

The thing about these contracts is, I’ve got peace of mind and know that the hybrid battery is under warranty for each year as long as Lexus check it over and the car is serviced by them.

I doubt that I will ever get such a good deal from Lexus these days. The car’s still only on 45k miles and drives just as good as when I bought it. I certainly won’t be changing it. In fact it will probably be my last car at my age. Sad to say.

Don't despair! Call or drop into see the After Sales Manager, they determine free collection not EMAC. Ask the manager about an extended Plus Warranty if you want peace of mind and Service packages, they will be happy to take your money off you. Alternatively buy a HHC for about £50 every year up to 15 years old to warrant the Battery

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links