Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Number of Terrane Khaki LCs in the UK?

Hi,

With the life-force of my current car quickly dwindling I am currently considering an LC as a replacement that I can keep forever.

My favourite colour combo is green on tan and I've been waiting for these to come up for sale, but I have only seen one since I started keeping track: it was a convertible that was more than I can afford (although it was gorgeous).

After a bit of digging I found a website claiming there are only 11 green LCs in the UK which, in my opinion, seems really low.

Does anyone have any idea of the actual number of these cars in the UK? Would Lexus even know? Perhaps I'm projecting my love for the green on tan to much!

Thank you.

A very/ultra rare colour and in practice I have only ever seen one for sale and probably the same one you saw! I may be wrong about this, but I believe the green option was added somewhat late in the day which might further explain its rarity. I'm afraid I cannot help you with actual number, but bear in mind there are less than 600 of these cars in the UK and for some reason green didn't seem to capture people's imagination. I agree with you totally green/tan is an incredible combination and really suits the car in the same way red or the other extremely rare colour blue does. Furthermore, I would imagine Lexus should be able to confirm exact numbers but frankly I have no idea where to start with that process.

I'm sure you've seen the following pic and I think it underscores why green/tan should be far more popular.

wallpaperflare.com_wallpaper.jpg

• Like 2

This was the colour of one of only four LCs I have seen on the road in Italy, and I thought it looked beautiful, not least because it was in a countryside landscape on a sunny day.  This was two or three years ago, and I remember looking it up at the time and seeing that it was one of a "Limited Edition" marketed, I think, in 2021.

• Like 1

Thank you for the information both.

As soon as I dared to put proverbial pen to proverbial paper the old car died on the way to work. Perhaps it's a sign!

I don't suppose any owners are looking to sell a green on tan coupe 😅?

12 hours ago, Brian R said:

A very/ultra rare colour and in practice I have only ever seen one for sale and probably the same one you saw! I may be wrong about this, but I believe the green option was added somewhat late in the day which might further explain its rarity. I'm afraid I cannot help you with actual number, but bear in mind there are less than 600 of these cars in the UK and for some reason green didn't seem to capture people's imagination. I agree with you totally green/tan is an incredible combination and really suits the car in the same way red or the other extremely rare colour blue does. Furthermore, I would imagine Lexus should be able to confirm exact numbers but frankly I have no idea where to start with that process.

I'm sure you've seen the following pic and I think it underscores why green/tan should be far more popular.

<snip>

Absolutely sublime. That one in particular is interesting because it has a combo black and tan interior vs Ochre (where everything is tan).

Here's the (2021) one I saw:

202405240062446.png.de3f5f5e247dafd5713717a7d2c29511.png

9 hours ago, Rabbers said:

This was the colour of one of only four LCs I have seen on the road in Italy, and I thought it looked beautiful, not least because it was in a countryside landscape on a sunny day.  This was two or three years ago, and I remember looking it up at the time and seeing that it was one of a "Limited Edition" marketed, I think, in 2021.

Definitely beautiful. Even more so in real life. Your experience sounds like a perfect day for the owner, and perhaps vicariously for you too!

Lexus Stockport had a green over tan hybrid demo car, plus there was ONE green/tan convertible that I know of that was up for sale a few months back - he was on instagram with it when he owned it. Looovely.

You are kind of in luck and not in luck at the same time... as that is certainly least desirable colour of them all (statistically speaking), but at the same time - naturally very few such cars were sold... I would be really surprised if it was 11... I think less!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

You are kind of in luck and not in luck at the same time... as that is certainly least desirable colour of them all (statistically speaking), but at the same time - naturally very few such cars were sold... I would be really surprised if it was 11... I think less!

I like your way of thinking and I really hope so!

Got to admit, it's not my cup of tea, but heh, each to their own.

If you contact Lexus on Facebook, they'll tell you the numbers. I asked a similar question of them i.e. "How many white RC-F Carbons are there in the UK?"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Terrane Khaki 2019 LC 500 Coupe V8 Limited Edition. It is indeed a gorgeous beast and sorry to tell you @weaselly_words I'm not planning on selling it soon. It was a Lexus UK marketing vehicle and was reviewed in some mags and videos. I love the colour combination and I think it shows off the understated classy curves of the LC shape. I've never seen another in the same livery. 

Here it is. You can just see it hiding in its camouflage in the bushes.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links