Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just had my first service and everything was fine but I ask for the locking wheel bolts (nuts) to be fitted after a year of waiting. At the end of the service I was told they could not fit them without a recall from Lexus so I got home and called Lexus UK and they said the recall was over and they should have fitted them. Lexus UK said they will call the dealer to get it done. £60000 plus and they can’t get this small thing right. My second Lexus and could be my last. 

• Sad 1

Got mine fitted a few months ago and not via recall, I emailed Lexus CS to ask what the situation was - they replied that the bolts were freely available and to contact any dealership.  Rang my nearest dealer and they got them 2 days later

• Like 1

I received a call from my dealer last week to say the bolts for my RX (delivered March 24) were now available so called in on Thursday for fitting. 

20 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

I got mine at the same time as the second key.

Sadly got my second key 6 months ago and was told then that the bolts were not available. I will wait and see if they call me or will I have to call. Just looking for a bit more service for the price. 

• Like 1

Picked up my NX in May and it had the Locking nuts fitted; I was told I'd get a recall letter for the 2nd key.

• Like 3

One year and 10 days and it's over my car is now what was ordered. Sadly, I had cancelled a few days fishing on the coast due to the weather but I got a call from my garage asking was I satisfied with the service I had on Friday, so I said no I was not. Anyway, cutting out longer part of the story, I have the wheel bolts fitted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

One year and 10 days and it's over my car is now what was ordered. Sadly, I had cancelled a few days fishing on the coast due to the weather but I got a call from my garage asking was I satisfied with the service I had on Friday, so I said no I was not. Anyway, cutting out longer part of the story, I have the wheel bolts fitted.

At least you finally have them but we shouldn't really be chasing these things up.

• Thanks 1

My bolts were supplied at the same time as the second key (about six months after collection), although it initially went into the dealer just for the key. I'm glad they fitted them when they did because I was literally just about to order a suitable aftermarket set as I had no faith I'd ever see them.

On 7/7/2024 at 4:15 PM, WhiteHart said:

£60000 plus and they can’t get this small thing right. My second Lexus and could be my last. 

I'm of similar mindset after my experience with the whole fiasco of getting this car (also my second Lexus). It still annoys me some ten months after I collected it. 

• Like 2

I suspect there is more to this story than has come out. My car was delivered with a set of locking wheel bolts in Aug 72 but I was surprised when they started showing signs of rusting almost straight away. I didn't mention it to my dealer as I felt lucky that, unlike many, I did have a set. Pleasantly surprised that they were automatically replaced later (cannot remember if it was at the first service or when the door handles were replaced). The new set is a different design and better quality, no signs of rust showing.

It is possible that there was a shortage when I got the car and it was my dealer, rather than Lexus, that fitted them for delivery without my being aware.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

I suspect there is more to this story than has come out.

I think I just drop off the system, but also the salesman who I chased for the bolts did not follow up as I had paid for the car. Let’s see if the service improves in the next two years. 

2 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I suspect there is more to this story than has come out. My car was delivered with a set of locking wheel bolts in Aug 72 but I was surprised when they started showing signs of rusting almost straight away. I didn't mention it to my dealer as I felt lucky that, unlike many, I did have a set. Pleasantly surprised that they were automatically replaced later (cannot remember if it was at the first service or when the door handles were replaced). The new set is a different design and better quality, no signs of rust showing.

It is possible that there was a shortage when I got the car and it was my dealer, rather than Lexus, that fitted them for delivery without my being aware.

Identical experience with my NX! It was an outstanding service campaign action when I had my first service. 

Hmmmm ????

Why are they called locking (this or that ?) but have so called locking wheel “nuts” fitted to mine, but given the choice would always prefer normal nuts. 

When was the last time you heard of anyone having a wheel(s) stolen ?

Decades ago IMO. 

BTW I cannot remember if mine are nuts or bolts but if anyone is interested I will happily swap mine to regular items. 

10 hours ago, VFR said:

Decades ago IMO. 

Nowadays they just take the whole car 🙈🙈🙄

I agree that they are probably an outdated concept and can cause problems (sticking/shearing) when changing wheels.  I wasn't going to have mine fitted until I discovered that my insurance was set assuming a fully standard car as per manufacturers spec and the leaving them off constituted a 'modification' which may invalidate the policy.  The insurance companies waived this when the wheel bolts were unavailable but not after delivery/fitting.  

Just another 'gotcha' to be aware of!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Warthog001 said:

I agree that they are probably an outdated concept and can cause problems (sticking/shearing) when changing wheels.  I wasn't going to have mine fitted until I discovered that my insurance was set assuming a fully standard car as per manufacturers spec and the leaving them off constituted a 'modification' which may invalidate the policy.  The insurance companies waived this when the wheel bolts were unavailable but not after delivery/fitting.  

Just another 'gotcha' to be aware of!!!!

I didn't even think about telling insurance company.

On 7/9/2024 at 11:00 PM, VFR said:

Decades ago IMO. 

Maybe because most people have locking nuts/bolts now?

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links