Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New NX owner questions

On 7/14/2024 at 10:18 AM, Goodplan53 said:

Firstly, I am concerned at how difficult it is for passengers who have never been in the car before to get out!  Unless I am missing something the doors have to be unlocked first by the passenger or driver - then the passenger must learn the knack of pressing the door handle (counter-intuitive until you have done it a few times).    

Whilst I am very comfortable with the car's foibles I don't think my family will be too keen to get back into the car until I have fully reassured them!

It's one of the biggest 'foibles' of the NX in my opinion. It's easy to get out of the car for the driver after a drive, but a bit of a fiddle for passengers.

For the driver, it's a case of come to a halt, put it into park and push in the lever to open the door - as you'd suspect. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the passenger. Pushing in the handle does nothing in the same circumstance. The doors remain locked. They have to physically press the unlock button and then push in the lever. It's a two-step process. The only way I've ever got around this is if I put the car into park, turn the car off and make sure my door is open first. Only when my door is open will it unlock the other doors. It does still catch-out the parents on occasion, whenever they're out with me in the car, some ten months on!  

I believe there is a way to disable this somewhere deep within the settings, but when I fiddled around with it myself a while ago, all I could get the car to do was automatically unlock the doors when stationary regardless if was at the end of a journey or not. This in turn threw up a warning message every single time I stopped at traffic lights, a junction, a roundabout e.t.c...! It would then lock again as soon as I pulled away. I reverted it back to factory settings within an hour! The constant messages flashing up annoyed me! 

I never did find out how to simply make sure the doors unlocked themselves when I put it onto park. I thought I read somewhere (again - I'm going back quite some time) that this is possible. 

On 7/14/2024 at 10:33 AM, Starlight said:

I think Self Parking is on Takumi spec and certainly not on Premium Plus but not sure whether it is activated for UK customers. Those who own NX Takumi would know.

I can confirm that self-parking is certainly a feature of my Takumi spec model. 

If I am carrying passengers and I am just dropping them off I simply press the unlock button on my door to unlock all the doors. The car will then lock again as soon as I drive off.

i have all my doors to unlock on pressing P, no need to open my door.

So far everyone has worked out how to get out and I have taken the stickers off the buttons. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stepppy said:

Do you know where I can find/implement this feature in the settings? I gave up looking after a while...

43 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Do you know where I can find/implement this feature in the settings? I gave up looking after a while...

I cannot get to my car right now, but if I remember it was using the car button on the central display, then it was door control or something like that. 

I have mine set to lock all doors when shifting into D and unlock when shifting into P. 

Don’t forget to also set open all doors instead of just drivers door. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2024 at 9:26 PM, Starlight said:

Used the updated Lexus map with new features on the way from Gatwick to Bristol. Well, I spent 2 hours driving through all B lanes. Got fed up and switched back to Waze and no diversion for the rest of the way and back. Whoever designed the Lexus maps definitely lives in Japan.

Waze Does Seem A Lot Better than Lexus Maps Particularly approaching Speed Warnings.....

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

Start- Settings - Vehicle Customisation- Door Control. Then you can set it to unlock all doors on start, or unlock all doors when in P etc.  There are several options.  

• Like 1

You beat me to the resolution ,Tim.

You would think the Garages would Set the Customisation for Couples/Friends rather than Driver Door only !!!!

Tel

18 hours ago, stepppy said:

If I am carrying passengers and I am just dropping them off I simply press the unlock button on my door to unlock all the doors. The car will then lock again as soon as I drive off.

So far everyone has worked out how to get out and I have taken the stickers off the buttons. 

I shall have to try that. Thanks 😀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links