Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2021 Lexus UX steering wheel not centred

Hi guys newbie here. At the end of May we got a 2021 UX250h from Lexus Lincoln and since having it the steering wheel has been slightly off centred (prob about 5 degrees). I eventually got it into Lexus and they have had a look at the alignment. When I picked up the car I asked if the alignment was out by much and the person dealing with me said everything was now within tolerance and gave me this handout. I still think something is off as none of my previous cars have had an off centred steering wheel. The cars not pulling either left or right but does drift ever so slightly but I don’t know if that’s just because of the camber of the road. 

Any advice would be welcomed. Am I worrying that something is wrong over nothing?

IMG_0072.jpeg

I've had this on my RC, an off centre steering wheel from collection. It took quite a few attempts by the dealer to get it sorted and it wasn't until the car went to have the ADAS recalibrated was it spot on. Something about the steering ecu needing resetting?

I remember back in the old days when my Father would work on my cars and adjust the tracking, he always stressed the importance of making measurement/adjustments equal on each side to ensure the steering wheel was always pointing straight ahead.  I know things have moved on since then, but I would think similar principles would still apply?

He could always tell how I had been driving by just feeling the tread on my tyres, I couldn't get away with anything... those were the days 😆

Thanks for all the replies guys, I will call the dealer on Monday and see what they say. It does seem like it may need a ADAS calibration as when I’ve used the cruse control on a straight bit of motorway it seems to drift and then adjust and then drift and so on. I’m sure when I’ve driven a car with similar tech before it just planted the car in the middle of the lane and kept it there. 

Will let you know how I get on

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links