Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

On 7/28/2024 at 9:20 AM, DamianLEX said:

Because you have got 2012 model any unit with “DAB” button will fit to yours.

Easy job, plenty of them available. 

Thanks

Do you know if I'd be able to take the black fascia off my IS-F and attach it to the new head unit? CD Player included, or are they permanently attached?

If this is possible - I've also noticed that the button position is flipped on JDM cars (e.g. on UK cars Climate and Audio are on the driver's side, whereas on JDM they're on the passenger side) - do you know if this would cause any problems or not? (i.e. would it say climate but actually bring up the map when pushed etc.)

If you change whole unit then buttons work as displayed with no issues. 

You can change/replace almost any part there. Depends only on how determined and skilled you are. I have been repairing laptops/tablets etc for over 15 years so...

1 hour ago, DamianLEX said:

If you change whole unit then buttons work as displayed with no issues. 

You can change/replace almost any part there. Depends only on how determined and skilled you are. I have been repairing laptops/tablets etc for over 15 years so...

I've definitely got the technical experience to do it, I build / repair PC's and game consoles as a hobby so I shouldn't have any problems.

I think more than anything else it probably comes down to time / money / can I be bothered

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

What about speedo? Do you plan to replace it or sticking to the kph metric? ODO as well.
Given the prices of the UK examples for the past years, which model years, state of most of them, I am more and more leaning towards an import way. Not bothered about resale price really.

5 minutes ago, Prospero88 said:

What about speedo? Do you plan to replace it or sticking to the kph metric? ODO as well.
Given the prices of the UK examples for the past years, which model years, state of most of them, I am more and more leaning towards an import way. Not bothered about resale price really.

The speedo I'm having updated to MPH. There's an easy replacement available for the facelift cars. With the pre-facelifts I don't think there's any way to convert to MPH aside from buying an entirely new speedo, which is obviously very expensive. 

The odometer I'm just keeping as KM, as I don't think there's any way to change that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyTightlips said:

The speedo I'm having updated to MPH. There's an easy replacement available for the facelift cars. With the pre-facelifts I don't think there's any way to convert to MPH aside from buying an entirely new speedo, which is obviously very expensive. 

The odometer I'm just keeping as KM, as I don't think there's any way to change that.

I wonder how the speed conversion is done?  I would have thought that by changing the speedo, the odometer would change also….

Perhaps it’s a software thing.

Same I was thinking, as they should come together. I will be after a 2011 year model, so should be no issue whatsoever. Will guys from Torque GT do this for you Jimmy or you're taking it somewhere else instead?

1 minute ago, Jgtcracer said:

I wonder how the speed conversion is done?  I would have thought that by changing the speedo, the odometer would change also….

Perhaps it’s a software thing.

It's really simple actually, it's just a replacement fascia, it doesn't change anything else:

https://lockwoodinternational.co.uk/product/lexus-isf-mph-dial-part-no-c1654/

So all the original electronic elements remain the same as they were - in KM, in Japanese

You can't do this on the pre-facelifts because they've got the fancy original dials.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Prospero88 said:

Same I was thinking, as they should come together. I will be after a 2011 year model, so should be no issue whatsoever. Will guys from Torque GT do this for you Jimmy or you're taking it somewhere else instead?

Yeah, Torque will do it for you as part of the process.

Just now, JimmyTightlips said:

It's really simple actually, it's just a replacement fascia, it doesn't change anything else:

https://lockwoodinternational.co.uk/product/lexus-isf-mph-dial-part-no-c1654/

So all the original electronic elements remain the same as they were - in KM, in Japanese

You can't do this on the pre-facelifts because they've got the fancy original dials.

Very simple, I remember my early imports having stickers on them!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links