Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

1 hour ago, LenT said:

Costco is currently running an Offer on Michelin tyres, which ends 29 September.

Yes Len, I know, I am torn between vector 4 seasons and the CC's. But so many people on here speak positively about CC's I am inclined in that direction. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Yes Len, I know, I am torn between vector 4 seasons and the CC's. But so many people on here speak positively about CC's I am inclined in that direction. 

Well I don’t know if this will help or hinder, Phil, but I came across this aggregate of direct comparative tests by Tyre Reviews.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Compare/Vector-4Seasons-Gen-3-VS-CrossClimate-2.htm

And another YouTube review from a few days ago. He does mention that a new version of the CC2 is due out which should address any weaknesses.

For what it's worth we had CC2's on a BMW X1 and they were very impressive. They lasted about 32,000 miles and were very good in cool or icy conditions. Only drove once in the snow but traction and braking were very good. No traction control and abs light when I accelerated or braked. May try something different based on the review below when the wife's 350 F-Sport needs tyres.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, hintonwood said:

During my 30k service last week, the dealer rang me to say the front tyres were down to 3mm and did I want them changing (to Bridgestone Alenza 001 Run Flats - the same as were already on)? They had them in stock. I asked if they had 4 in stock and when they said yes I asked them to replace all 4.

In same situation i.e 25k miles and suspect that both front tyres [RF] in need of replacement.  Starting to get anxious should I have no sucess in finding any....or worse still get a puncture !!

Sounds from your story Ken that I should start with the Lexus dealer. Just a as matter of interest what was the price per tyre fitted?

By chance anybody else out there who has had sucess in locating stock of these 'hens teeth' tyres recently.... if so where.

Agree with others who quote the advantages of Run Flats opposed to normal tyres.

14 hours ago, LenT said:

Well I don’t know if this will help or hinder, Phil, but I came across this aggregate of direct comparative tests by Tyre Reviews.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Compare/Vector-4Seasons-Gen-3-VS-CrossClimate-2.htm

Hugely helpful Len thanks 🙂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mobeam said:

Sounds from your story Ken that I should start with the Lexus dealer. Just a as matter of interest what was the price per tyre fitted?

A rather painful £364 and that was some time ago so expect that price to have risen.☹️

3 hours ago, Ken R said:

A rather painful £364 and that was some time ago so expect that price to have risen.☹️

I would have to check, and the invoice including other items is in the car, but I think it was between £350 and £360

In Feb 2024 I paid £296 (no haggling or Lexus Forum Discount - I just needed a tyre!) from my Lexus Dealer. This was for a direct replacement Bridgestone Alenza RFT.

I'd taken out Tyre & Alloy insurance at the time of buying the car, so claimed £250 back which was a simple process.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alan Thompson said:

In Feb 2024 I paid £296 (no haggling or Lexus Forum Discount - I just needed a tyre!) from my Lexus Dealer. This was for a direct replacement Bridgestone Alenza RFT.

I'd taken out Tyre & Alloy insurance at the time of buying the car, so claimed £250 back which was a simple process.

A bargain Alan!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links