Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyres

I have the 450h+.  I know tyres are a bit contentious, but just watched a very interesting YouTube video testing 3 identical Hankook tyres, run flat, sealed and regular and the conclusion was the new run flats came out very well.  Spurred on  by this I investigated what was on the market and how much and it appeared almost impossible to buy run flats for this car 235/50 r20 100v.  And if I saw them they were silly money.  

What is your real life experience when you need new tyres please and what did you choose?

Apparently there is a shortage of oem tyres and run flats are hard to get hold of in any guise

Bridgestone are offering self-sealing ones as alternative but dealership has them at the same price

I’m on the hunt for two fronts atm as they are near limit and tbh I’ll be taking whatever is available but I will be selecting runflats if I can get them

I won’t be paying dealer prices as they are stupid prices, others are around £250 a tyre, not great but £100 less than the dealer

I had an issue in February when I had a puncture on a run flat. The tyre wasn't repairable and due to family serious illness I needed a tyre to be swapped quicker than Max Verstappen!

Anyway, I took the car to Lexus Leeds and they had replacement in stock. It wasn't cheap - around £290 but I had taken the tyre & alloy insurance when I bought the car so was able to claim £250 back. The claim process was easy and the payment came quickly.

• Like 2

When I took delivery of my NX450h I had serious reservations regarding the run flat tyres however having suffered a puncture on the motorway the benefits of such tyres became obvious. Yes they are expensive and rarely repairable but I would have no concern with them in the future. Unfortunately they were not an option when I changed to the RX.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

I had an issue in February when I had a puncture on a run flat. The tyre wasn't repairable and due to family serious illness I needed a tyre to be swapped quicker than Max Verstappen!

Anyway, I took the car to Lexus Leeds and they had replacement in stock. It wasn't cheap - around £290 but I had taken the tyre & alloy insurance when I bought the car so was able to claim £250 back. The claim process was easy and the payment came quickly.

Just for interest how much is the tyre and alloy insurance? I'm surprised it doesn't cover the full cost of the tyre.

Mine was about £350 and covers a number of replacement tyres (if irrepairable), punctures and alloy refurb if damaged.

Max claim per tyre is £250 and maybe if I'd had time to shop around I could have got one fitted nearer that price.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links