Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

KeithDee

Hi everybody. 

Ive just joined. Have previously been looking at various searches for info on various topics (is220d sport🤐) I know, I know, I'm fully aware what they're like haha. It was FOC and had stood about 2 years, its of the 2008 vintage. I've worked on it in the past (a lot🙄) as it was my stepsons car. Sooo. He bought a is350 about two and half years back, his partner then used the 220d, she started getting grief with it occasionally losing power, cutting out, vsc on dash, all that good stuff so they parked it up and she bought a impreza, the 220d then sat for couple years as said.

During the time sitting in the front garden the is350 got hit on a carpark caving the drivers door in 👀 (they just drove off). Off came the door from the 220d (Black) stripped it and swapped everything over (which i've since found i didn't need to do) fitted it to the 350 which is pearl white then off it went to the body shop for paint. The stripped bent door from the 350 went onto the 220d, no glass, locks, catches, nothing apart from a black bag at the window, so it was at the mercy of the elements, vegetation,  oh and not forgetting the spiders.

Last year they decided the 220d was going to be scrapped and I think they were offered £130 so I said I'd give them the £130 and have it as a bit of a project even though previously I hated the car lol as in the grief part of it not the car itself, I remembered it drove quite well, but when its free and your own, you have more time to work on it, it puts it in a slightly different light. I could see through the slug trails, bird crap and vegitation. So he said yeah no problem, I could buy it, he even said I thought you hated the car lol,  he then phoned me and said I could just have it FOC. I bought a door the same colour code xmas gone and got it running, then trailered back to mine where its now starting to come on quite well, most expense were front wheel bearings and rear shocks. Im gradually going through it with the intention to use it to commute for abit. I do 60 plus mile a day mainly duel carriageway so hoping it'll sort its self out and be better suited to those type of journeys where as it was mainly town before hense some of the issues me thinks.

In the meantime my stepson was rear ended in the is350 (Noooo) May this year. Damage to the N/S/R, damage didn't look too bad but he was gutted as you can imagine. Insurance took it away and put a cat s on it, basically mainly due to the fact it being a import. He bought the car back off the insurance, I had a car I was selling so we did a deal and I'm now the proud owner of a wrote off is350 hahaha. Would of been a shame to let it go TBH, was imported 2019 and has 65k on it, its in miles.

The bit I didn't get with the insurance farce was that they said if we put it cat n it will cost alot more in the buy back which to be honest wouldn't of left them in a very good position. So seems cat s or cat n when suits to a degree. So it tells me cat n damage with cat s title. Anyway thats all water under the bridge now. 

Once the 220d is done I'll be starting on the 350. I'll endeavour to post some pics of befores / afters of both cars.

Sooo, bit of a long one, thats me and my introduction and my coming into Lexus ownership.

All the best Keith 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links