Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Electric Tariff + Gas Lexus UX E

Hi I’m wondering which company offers the best dual tariff Electric and Gas for the Lexus UX E ?

I’ve tried one or two online  and they say my Rolec Wall Charger , or my Model of car is not compatible with thier best tariffs ??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Currently on Outfox the market dual tariff .

Fox Standard Dual
Tariff type
Dual Fuel Only - Variable

Lexus UXE Takumi, 30 months old, 24,000 miles, still have issues with 12 v Battery !! I’m on my second one and it went flat 2 days ago, I just jump started myself, sick of Lexus phobbing me off tbh 😂😤😤😤😤

The very best tariffs will want to control charing times, hence they need a smart wall charger they have tested.

You may have to settle for a standard overnight tariff if you don't want to change your charger - e.g. Octopus Go rather than IntelligentOctopus Go.

To get the best saving you would want to shift some of your non-EV electricity usage - e.g. setting washing machine and dishwasher to run overnight on the cheap rate. If you aren't doing many miles then the higher daytime rate might mean you are better off staying on a standard tariff.

I am on British Gas Electric Driver v5 Tarif  I think there is a more recent one 

8.95 p per kWh off peak 00:00 to 05:00

31.31 p per kWh at other times. 
standing charge 59.14p per day. 
I’ve not had a bill yet and I have just had solar panels fitted to that May change the tariff. 
I charge overnight when about 50 miles range left. Set it to start at 00:10 and then it is full (165 miles) by 05:00

I have a Zappi charger which is not intelligent it just charges when the car says so. 
I think some of the newer charges and Tarifs can vary price according to grid load etc. but I prefer to keep it simple. 

Hope that helps. 
Paul

With the solar panels most of our usage during the day is from solar or Battery. Only high energy users eg shower or kettle take from the grid. On sunny days the Battery is charged to 100% then any excess is fed back to the grid at 15p per kw hr. The higher rate during the day is not an issue as we have halved our grid usage by going solar. 
Just need some sun now 

fascinating to notice the differences between the UK & [in my case] the Netherlands when it comes to charging your EV & the costs of it.

Got a wall charger on my driveway connected to our 3-phase installation; which is  equipped with a simple on-off switch for our wall charger and a flat roof covered with solar panels [11.5 kPw capacity]. 

To promote the private use of solar panels we have a 'netting arrangement' for solar panel owners. In my case that means that my annual use of electricity [e.g 2,500 kWh] is compensated by what my Solar panels have returned to the grid during the same period [e.g. 4,500 kWh] For the difference [minus 2,000 kWh in this example] I receive a small fee [currently 0,05 Euro per kWh] 

This effectively means that whenever I charge @ home the costs will be 'nill' [excluding the costs I had to absolve for installing the solar panels - wall charger - upgrading from a 1-phase installation to a 3-phase installation]

Recently entered a 3-year contract with GreenChoice [my energy supplier]                                                             0.31082 euro per kWh [day rate]                                                                                                                                    0,32292 euro per kWh [night- & weekend rate]                                                                                                          minus 0.0782 euro [day rate] 

This somewhat strange construction is the result of the limited capacity of our electricity grid.

note: the 'netting arrangement' comes, according to the current plans, to an end in 2027 

4 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Hopefully you charge to 100% overnight so you can start exporting immediately 😉 

It’s not sunny at night so the solar panels can’t charge my house Battery. I charge the car Battery of the grid at night 

But I think you were joking 🙃 

1 hour ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

It’s not sunny at night so the solar panels can’t charge my house battery. I charge the car battery of the grid at night 

But I think you were joking 🙃 

No I wasn't. You charge overtime at 8.95p from the grid and then you don't have to wait for your solar generation to charge your Battery before you start earning 15p kWh.

• Like 1

A couple of weeks ago there was an astonishing (to me, at least) report on solar energy growth in The Economist.

There's still quite a lot of antipathy towards electric cars on the internet. But setting aside whether or not enthusiasts prefer petrol engines to electric, there seems little doubt that solar energy is the future for much of the world, if not for the cloudy UK.

(I'm reminded of the Flanders and Swann song about the weather in Britain: "In July the sun is hot. Is it shining? No it's not.")

Just to quote some figures from the article: in 2015 the wholesale cost of electricity from solar energy globally was around 12 US cents per Kwh. For comparison, electricity from coal was around five to 7.5 cents.

Just nine years later, solar and onshore wind are both around four cents, while coal is little changed.

(They're quoting the "levelised cost of electricity", which includes lifetime costs including installation. They quote the price as around $40 per MWh, which equals four cents per Kwh if I've got the decimal point in the right place.)

Another statistic: in 2004 the whole world installed one gigawatt of solar power capacity. By 2024 it's predicted that installation will have risen to around two gigawatts every day.

The big issue is storage and distribution. As levensnevel says, "This somewhat strange construction is the result of the limited capacity of our electricity grid."

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links