Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Strange issue this morning

Ohoopee

I drove my car home from work yesterday..no issues.  I go to get in my car this morning and the doors will not open.  So I used the manual lock to open it.  I get in the car and it appears to be completely dead..it does nothing but I do notice the little red blinking light for the security system is still blinking.  I have a jump box so I opened the fuse box and connected my job box and the car started right up with no issues.  I drove it to work this morning it has no warning lights on the dash and strangely enough, the car clock was not reset and the Battery gauge says the Battery is at full charge.  When I got out of the car at work, I hit lock on my key fob and heard the car lock behind me...but my instincts just said "try to unlock it now" so I did and it will not unlock.  I keep a spare set of keys which I got out this morning when I was having issues and they also will not open the car so I don't think it is the key fobs.  I am hesitant to try to jump the car again now that I know this isn't the Battery.  What could this be and is there a fix other than jumping the car again?

20 minutes ago, Ohoopee said:

I drove my car home from work yesterday..no issues.  I go to get in my car this morning and the doors will not open.  So I used the manual lock to open it.  I get in the car and it appears to be completely dead..it does nothing but I do notice the little red blinking light for the security system is still blinking.  I have a jump box so I opened the fuse box and connected my job box and the car started right up with no issues.  I drove it to work this morning it has no warning lights on the dash and strangely enough, the car clock was not reset and the battery gauge says the battery is at full charge.  When I got out of the car at work, I hit lock on my key fob and heard the car lock behind me...but my instincts just said "try to unlock it now" so I did and it will not unlock.  I keep a spare set of keys which I got out this morning when I was having issues and they also will not open the car so I don't think it is the key fobs.  I am hesitant to try to jump the car again now that I know this isn't the battery.  What could this be and is there a fix other than jumping the car again?

!2v Battery.

Sounds like it is flat, get it checked.

Can you charge it at home?

Just now, Moleman said:

!2v battery.

Sounds like it is flat, get it checked.

Can you charge it at home?

I can yes but I couldn't find a 12 v Battery when I looked...that is what made be go to youtube where I found a toyota video on how t jump start a hybrid car.  As I said above, there was a device covered with a plastic cover about the size of a Battery on the same side as the fuse box that I thought had to be a Battery but when I removed the cover this morning, it appeared to be a computer of some kind.

Thats Why i am an Advocate of the little DB2 device which connects to your 12v Battery which gives you a daily report on the state of your 12v Battery as well as being an all round Car Tracker  ( better that the Lexus app ) In Every way as well as Host of Additional information  AND it Only Costs around £35 + a yearly Subscription.. Best gadget i have EVER bought...

Rewire Security

Hi Vance, when the 12V Battery died on my 2016 CT200H I contacted my local Lexus dealer and was quoted a price of around £200 to supply and fit for a conventional lead acid Battery with only a 12 month guarantee! 

I found a company on line called batterymegastore.co.uk who supplied me with a AGM Battery with a 5 year guarantee for £104 inc carriage. The part number was as follows, I hope this helps.

Greg

Description Quantity Item Value Item Tax Item Total Line Total
[AXS46B24R]Hankook AXS46B24R AGM Starter Battery Type 057 1 87.28 17.46 104.74 104.74
Shipping 1 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00

9 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Thats Why i am an Advocate of the little DB2 device which connects to your 12v battery which gives you a daily report on the state of your 12v Battery as well as being an all round Car Tracker  ( better that the Lexus app ) In Every way as well as Host of Additional information  AND it Only Costs around £35 + a yearly Subscription.. Best gadget i have EVER bought...

Rewire Security

Which android/apple software are you using?

Oh man, the 12v used be £100 from the dealership, now its £150-200. Lexus parts sells it for 152 quid.

11 hours ago, diabolik said:

Which android/apple software are you using?

Oh man, the 12v used be £100 from the dealership, now its £150-200. Lexus parts sells it for 152 quid.

Just download The App to your apple I-phone Or android Phone .... I get a daily report of the charge in my 12v Battery..And hybrid Battery...So helpfull.. Great little device..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links