Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Alarm going off

The intrusion alarm has gone off in the last 2 nights at around 12 midnight and 11 pm tonight. Anyone faced similar issues and how was it resolved?

Also Spoke with Lexus Edinburgh after the first night who asked me to connect again if it happens again. Is this covered under warranty and will any diagnostic charges be incurred? 

2 hours ago, McRattlehead said:

I've had this issue and in the morning i discovered a moth hiding behind the sun visor maybe worth checking?

Had The same problem Ian ..One little Creepy Crawly Can Wake the Whole Street.. And More importantly End up Struck of The Christmas Card List.... Altruism has well and truly Disappeared..!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

I did check and can’t find any insect. It’s been 3 days straight now. Wondering when my neighbours might start taking offence. I think it has to be an insect as it is happening at the same time every day at around dusk. Should I go for fumigation ?

4 hours ago, Srishail Kumar said:

I did check and can’t find any insect. It’s been 3 days straight now. Wondering when my neighbours might start taking offence. I think it has to be an insect as it is happening at the same time every day at around dusk. Should I go for fumigation ?

I had this happen and sprayed inside well  for as long as I could hold my breath before making my escape.  I must admit I couldn't drive the car for a couple of days afterwards, the smell was so bad, but it stopped the alarm going off!  You would think that what must have been a small insect would not so easily trigger the alarm as this must have happened  to quite a number of people.

• Thanks 1

Yes get a 'smart' Battery charger..  There are of course many charges on the market  but like me most mentioned here  have the CETK (Model 5. in my case). The beauty of this is that is doesn't matter if you forget it 'cos it will drop charge right down (although it's not a fast charger anyway and can be left in place.  It has modes for free flow lead acid and AGM batteries;  (reconditioning to a degree) and even for motor cycles

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bob99 said:

You need to get a battery charger on it, or give the car a good run, leaving it in ‘ready’ mode for an hour will also help.

There is zero benefit in taking it for a run.  It’s a time function, not a distance function.  Just leave it in READY mode.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links