Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

13 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Beautiful Isle of Skye

13 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

the “ new” bridge is good with no necessary ferry these days

I believe it was opened almost 29 years ago

1 hour ago, stepheneric said:

I believe it was opened almost 29 years ago

Oh my   I remember Skye both with and without the bridge 🤣

Malc 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Bill, I think I'd have tipped the car into the " drink " at the earliest opportunity departing your ferry ...  sans pax of course ....  and claimed for the write-off under insurance 😇

Malc

Malc,

I have wondered if that may be the reason that so many of these cars are stolen. Quick way to get your money back.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, johnboyslim said:

Hi all I'm new to the club and this is my first post . This awful situation is worrying to say the least , I have a new 350h and am about to pack all our luggage into the car including top box , we are in the Isle of Skye so don't fancy a flat battery. I'm going to start the car as I pack which should prevent this happening.

Hope you have success bill . 

I am sitting in Northumberland looking at Holy Island (Lindisfarne). My wife is refusing to stay in the car to cross the causeway. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Bill,

I have re-read your original post about the flat Battery and I cannot really understand what caused your woes. Have you established why it was flat? Did you leave the car unused for an extended period or was there some other issue?

3 hours ago, BillSt said:

I am sitting in Northumberland looking at Holy Island (Lindisfarne). My wife is refusing to stay in the car to cross the causeway. 

You certainly don't want it dying on the causeway! no big yellow helicopter to rescue you these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malcolmw said:

Bill,

I have re-read your original post about the flat battery and I cannot really understand what caused your woes. Have you established why it was flat? Did you leave the car unused for an extended period or was there some other issue?

Malcolm,

I have not been able to establish that either. Car had been used regularly, mainly using electric for prior 3 months. Few days not used but mainly short distances. 2 days before, I took some friends up to Alicante, about a 4 hour run so mainly fuel. It was fully charged the day before in readiness for my transfer to the U.K. I also packed it full the day before so would have had doors open for a reasonable period, but everything was pre prepared and all bags pre packed. At 6am I pulled the car out of my garage, put final overnight bags in, my wife opened her door and got in. I closed the villa door, switched off all the house electrics and then tried to get into the car but it would not open. I now know flat Battery.

Frankly it could not have been more than 30 minutes after I pulled out. I did not have any audio on but it is possible that when my wife got in with her key, the aircon started up - but for a few minutes only.
The car is booked in for annual service and the Newcastle manager has promised a full investigation and full Battery check. His villa in Spain is not far from us and he is fluent in Spanish. He promised to personally telephone help if ever needed over there. Extremely helpful and a completely different experience from Carlisle. Has restored some of my faith in Lexus.

Lexus U.K. are wanting the data history downloaded so that might turn something up.

• Like 5

Driving round the M25 yesterday morning at 05.30 (to avoid the usual friday traffic jam) I was passed at over 70 by an immaculate Silver Cloud III in beautiful two tone grey paintwork.

Fast forward 50-years and the cars of today will just be static objects in museums, all the electronics will be dead with parts that are unobtainable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2024 at 10:36 PM, BillSt said:

I will now carry a battery in the front cabin and attempt to find a warning device for low battery. 

DB2 From Rewire Security

On 6/27/2024 at 10:36 PM, BillSt said:

I will now carry a battery in the front cabin and attempt to find a warning device for low battery. 

DB2 From Rewire Security Bill ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

DB2 From Rewire Security

DB2 From Rewire Security Bill ...

Already got Battery - not sure about tracker - if it goes, not sure I want it back.

image.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BillSt said:

Already got battery - not sure about tracker - if it goes, not sure I want it back.

image.jpg

Bill.. Of Course you want it Back Don,t let this Unfortunate Experience Cloud your Judgement Of The Car.. I think You Have Done something Inadvertantly that has Caused this drain on the Battery Albeit without you being aware of it..Bill ..These things Happen Even to the Best of Cars and No Matter how Reliable they are..My advice would be to get it fixed IE establish what caused the Drain and move on Because you have one AMAZING car Whatever you might Think at Present..Get yourself a Noco Boost Jump Battery keep it in the Glove Compartment and also a Device which gives you a daily read out of the 12v Battery level..SORTED !!!! and forget about changing the car Biggest mistake you will ever Make in my opinion..!!!! Regards..!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spock66 said:

Driving round the M25 yesterday morning at 05.30 (to avoid the usual friday traffic jam) I was passed at over 70 by an immaculate Silver Cloud III in beautiful two tone grey paintwork.

Fast forward 50-years and the cars of today will just be static objects in museums, all the electronics will be dead with parts that are unobtainable.

Sadly including that Rolls Royce that passed and that’s a what would now be a new £half million electronic wizz too but with a V12 6.75 ltr petrol engine ……..

No brand new car’s going to last the course of time with the desperate need of developers and buyers to elektronikfie absolutely everything 🥵

BUT I wholeheartedly agree about the 1963’ish RR Silver Cloud 111  ……… my silly dream is/was to buy myself a 1965 Bentley S3 with power steering ……. earlier ones and the RR didn’t have that as standard …….( same car different badge ) ……. beautiful lines and styling 

Thinking to buy one these past few years BUT my Indy mechanic told me it would be on the Transporter down to him as much as I would ever use it ……. needing copious constant and very very expensive repair ……. telling me quite simply my Ls400 being a far more sensible car to own and run and with great reliability, longevity and comfort too 

So I bought myself my 2nd one just to make sure 😂

Malc 

I still hanker after that 1965 Bentley S3  😳

• Like 3

My next door neighbour in Spain has a Bentley, also a Ferrari and in Spain he mainly uses his Mercedes - an ex Berlin Taxi with 400k km and still reliable. In his home he has just imported a Flistar (fully roadworthy for less than $2000 ) to go with his SmartCar. Note that registration - he has the full set from 1.  Bentley and Ferrari are hardly used now.

Flistar EV from Alibaba costs less than a Lexus wing mirror.

IMG_6882.jpeg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links