Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Customer Satisfaction Campaign Recall

8 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

I have still not had the update or if I have  I haven’t had to log back in. 

Same here.

On 7/11/2024 at 11:09 PM, STE041 said:

Not sure if I had mine yet although it seemed odd that I was logged out of the app the other day for no reason?

Same with me

Just got in the car tonight and I have had to login to my profile. So I take it I have had the update. 
one question does OTA updates still update if vehicle is turned off and parked up because mine has been at work all day. 

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bump this topic up to see if anyone on here has had definitive proof that this OTA update has been performed on their car.

I've seen no visual indication on mine (although I don't use the remote start / remote climate control functions that the update was designed to fix). As far as I can see under the Software Update part of the Lexus Interface, there is nothing to suggest that it has been done. Also, the (seemingly) associated installation of the Proactive Driving Assist feature that @jmc24x mentioned definitely hasn't happened on my 2022 NX.

Has anyone who uses the remote functions noticed that any previous problems with them have been fixed by the update?

6 hours ago, Andy B said:

Just wanted to bump this topic up to see if anyone on here has had definitive proof that this OTA update has been performed on their car.

I've seen no visual indication on mine (although I don't use the remote start / remote climate control functions that the update was designed to fix). As far as I can see under the Software Update part of the Lexus Interface, there is nothing to suggest that it has been done. Also, the (seemingly) associated installation of the Proactive Driving Assist feature that @jmc24x mentioned definitely hasn't happened on my 2022 NX.

I don't think there is anyway of us confirming the OTA update has occurred, just blind faith.

Regarding the PDA feature, I believe that appeared on my 2023 NX when it went in for a recall for the Forward Recognition Camera last month. I only realised when I saw the option appear on the Driver Assist options screen. It was turned off by default but remains on once activated.

• Thanks 1

No updates available on mine and the 2024 update (post 1040 versions) is no longer being offered in the car, so it was either pulled or time limited

On 9/13/2024 at 10:55 AM, Andy B said:

Has anyone who uses the remote functions noticed that any previous problems with them have been fixed by the update?

I may have been a bit premature with my earlier post as I now have the Proactive Driving Assist (PDA) feature enabled on my 2022 NX350h. I'm still not sure about the OTA update designed to fix the remote start and climate control functionalities though but I don't use those features anyway.

It's possible that the PDA feature was enabled when I took the car to the dealers for the recent front camera recall work. It was only a few days ago that I noticed I had a fourth "page" when checking the option to view all of the driving assist features via the multimedia screen (icon with the 6 dots). I assumed before that if I had PDA it would appear grouped with the other 8 similar driving assist features but lo and behold it shows on the fourth page all on it's own. So if anyone else on here is looking for it - that's where to look.

With regards to PDA itself, I'm still getting used to it. When approaching the car in front, it does seem to slow the car down a lot sooner than I would normally (either by pressing the brake or simply just taking my foot off the accelerator and "coasting" for a bit). Not sure what the long term effects (if any) of using PDA will have on the longevity of my brakes\discs and overall MPG as it does brake more "aggressively" than I would normally.

On 9/19/2024 at 10:54 AM, Andy B said:

I may have been a bit premature with my earlier post as I now have the Proactive Driving Assist (PDA) feature enabled on my 2022 NX350h. I'm still not sure about the OTA update designed to fix the remote start and climate control functionalities though but I don't use those features anyway.

It's possible that the PDA feature was enabled when I took the car to the dealers for the recent front camera recall work. It was only a few days ago that I noticed I had a fourth "page" when checking the option to view all of the driving assist features via the multimedia screen (icon with the 6 dots). I assumed before that if I had PDA it would appear grouped with the other 8 similar driving assist features but lo and behold it shows on the fourth page all on it's own. So if anyone else on here is looking for it - that's where to look.

With regards to PDA itself, I'm still getting used to it. When approaching the car in front, it does seem to slow the car down a lot sooner than I would normally (either by pressing the brake or simply just taking my foot off the accelerator and "coasting" for a bit). Not sure what the long term effects (if any) of using PDA will have on the longevity of my brakes\discs and overall MPG as it does brake more "aggressively" than I would normally.

Wondering if this is a Spec thing as I can't seem to find the option on my NX450h FSport 2022.  Might it be Takumi only?  If not, can you share a screenshot of what your see?

6 hours ago, bgb said:

Wondering if this is a Spec thing as I can't seem to find the option on my NX450h FSport 2022.  Might it be Takumi only?  If not, can you share a screenshot of what your see?

My NX is the Premium Plus spec. 

Has your car had the recent Forward Camera recall (ZGG47) fix? I believe that is what enabled PDA for me.

I'm happy to share a screenshot of what I see but probably won't be in the car until Monday now. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links