Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What can the Lexus link do ?

When I purchased my 21 UX the salesperson said get Lexus link you can do lots with it but all it seems to do is tell me when my doors are unlocked but it even gets that wrong.

Dell

• Like 1

Hi Dell, yes even the Lexus dealership staff are embarrassed by the current state of the app. However I’m told that a new version is coming out about the end of July (presumably this year!) that should improve matters. I can trigger the remote heating/cooling but rarely do to be honest. Otherwise it’s just looking at the trip history and marvelling at my smooth driving skills 😗😂

• Like 4

Not sure what your expectations are.

Agree that the functionality of the Lexus+ is rather limited (with the Hyundai ‘Bluelink’ app as reference - drove a Kona 64kWH for 2 years / 20k KM) but version 2.7.2 works fine (Iphone 11ProMax / iOS 17.5.1) in combination with my 300E exec. From 2020. And does all it is designed for.

I had my UX250h for three and a half years - and only in that final year did I set up the app. 

I didn't get shown how to do it and if I've got to be honest, I found it more of a gimmick than anything of actual use for me! 

The dealer set it up on day one with my NX350h that replaced my UX, but lets just say...it's reliability is 'below average' at best. Indeed, it shows various doors unlocked at random times when they're not and the biggest one is the remote climate very rarely works. There's no pattern to it. The home screen which shows the car, the milage and fuel level is about the only part of it which appears to be reliable! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

same here . When took delivery of my NX350h in Madrid. For days previously the dealer insisted I MUST have the Lexus app downloaded on my cellphone. I think it was primarily because they could only supply 1 key ! yes ONE.  6 months later another one is now ready for me to collect free of charge.

Fortunately I have never had to use the Lexus app in earnest because I too find it useless, It always erroneously reports back seat problem, or doors unlocked, and remote aircon is unreliable . In fact its yet another electronic Lexus  gadget problem . Lexus and electronics are not a good match

I find the warning messages about doors being unlocked useful, but a bit over-sensitive.  It triggers when I am loading the car.

Last winter the remote pre-heating function was really good, but it disappeared a couple of months ago together with the remote door locking / unlocking.  I reported it to Lexus but got no response.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail.

I suspect it is because of a possible security problem - if you were able to hack the app you can unlock the car, and the engine starts when pre-heating the interior (but stops if you try and open the door).

Just received the marketing email about the UX300h.  In it they refer to Lexus Link +:

Connecting to the Lexus Link+ app transforms your UX into a connected car. Lexus Link gives you seamless access to connected services like:

• Driving Analytics: Tracks your journeys, driving style and business trips.
  • Find My Car: Locates your Lexus and guides you back to it.
  • Service and Maintenance: Helps you manage the care of your UX. Share To Car: Lets you plan a route on another device and send it to your Lexus, while ‘car to door’ guides you on foot to your final destination.
  • Hybrid Coaching: UX 250h offers bespoke advice to help lower emissions and fuel consumption

So it looks as though the remote locking / unlocking and remote climate facilities have disappeared as I suspected.  It may make sense from the security point of view, but I think Lexus should have been up-front about it and told us.  They so easily could have made a virtue of it, but instead chose to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I have the option to lock and unlock doors in the app on my NX, but maybe that is because it has the later security system in place?

I also find closing the windows useful if I forget to do that after I get out of the car. 

Best of all I love geeking out on the Trip Summary. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links