Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

UX 300H Sport Design Ride Quality

Recently got a new UX 300H F Sport Design, absolutely love it but want to improve its ride quality. I am not a dynamic driver and value comfort. Bought this trim as it is the only trim available in Ireland for the moment. The dealer said F Sport is just a name and the suspension is not that different from other trims.

Step 1: I would like to replace the original Bridgestone Alenza RFT with Michelin Premacy 4. Will that make a difference?

Step2: Is F Sport suspension significantly stiffer than the normal one and should I try to soften it if that at all possible?

Thanks a lot!

Your dealer is correct, F Sport ‘Design’ has the external look of the F Sport without the firmer suspension setup of the full F Sport. The ‘Design’ also does not have the F Sport seats or larger multi media screen of the full F Sport. 

Have you done the obvious and checked the tyre pressures are correct as stated on the door plate? as dealer love to over inflate them. My tyres were way over pressure when I picked it up and lowering them made a big difference. 

Thanks! Will check pressure.

Not sure about the seats, they look normal too me. The infotainment screen is 12.3”, love its wide screen aspect ratio.

Did my best to check that suspension spacers have been removed.

Interesting that Ireland gets the larger screen on the ‘Design’, we only get the smaller one. 

The larger screen is only on Premium Plus upwards from what I remember. 

2 hours ago, stepppy said:

Interesting that Ireland gets the larger screen on the ‘Design’, we only get the smaller one. 

The larger screen is only on Premium Plus upwards from what I remember. 

There’s a tech pack you can add to F Sport Design in the UK, now shown as a separate trim on the configurator “F SPORT DESIGN TECH” (as it was hard to spot) which adds the larger screen and a few other things, while also keeping it below the £40k luxury car tax threshold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stepppy said:

Ahh that must be new for the 300h. Good idea as it’s nice to have the larger screen. 

Yes, new for the 300h 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 6:51 AM, XML said:

Recently got a new UX 300H F Sport Design, absolutely love it but want to improve its ride quality. I am not a dynamic driver and value comfort. Bought this trim as it is the only trim available in Ireland for the moment. The dealer said F Sport is just a name and the suspension is not that different from other trims.

Step 1: I would like to replace the original Bridgestone Alenza RFT with Michelin Premacy 4. Will that make a difference?

Step2: Is F Sport suspension significantly stiffer than the normal one and should I try to soften it if that at all possible?

Thanks a lot!

I tested a 300h a couple of weeks ago and the road noise was much more than my 250h which has Goodyear all seasons on.   The Michelin tyres are quieter again but I must have all seasons where I live.  We’re in the snow line.  

5 minutes ago, XML said:

Checked pressure. The sticker on the door indicates that it should be 2.3 while it was 2.8, so I adjusted it. The ride seems to be better.

That equates to 40 psi vs 33 psi, that is a huge increase and is roughly what my NX pressures were at when I picked it up. Lowering to recommend pressure made a big difference. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links