Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have been toying with the idea of buying a GS300H and it looks like a GS300 f sport with HUD does not exist?

What about a premier with Sunroof. HUD and apple carplay.

I'm mainly looking at 14/15 plate cars

thanks guys

Hi,

yes 300h Premier comes with HUD  and sunroof was an option, but CarPlay is only an aftermarket thing on any GS in the UK not sure about other markets.

good luck in your search. The Premier trim is lovely! 

• Like 1

HUD was only available with the Premier trim but although it is a standard feature on the facelift model (introduced in autumn 2015 according to the Lexus media site) I'm not sure if it was a standard feature or an optional extra on the pre-facelift model. Hopefully someone else can clarify.

As @Legendliving states the sunroof was an optional extra, available on the Luxury, F Sport and Premier models. I am sure that I have read (but typically cannot find it now) that there was a joint sunroof/ACC option on pre-facelift 450h Premier but I don't know if this was the same for 300h Premier. Again hopefully someone will clarify.

This is a link to the Lexus media site for the Mk4 GS. Although it states 2013-2018 all the specifications listed are for the facelift model as everything pre-facelift appears to have been deleted.

https://media.lexus.co.uk/vehicles/gs-archive-2013/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris111 said:

HUD was only available with the Premier trim but although it is a standard feature on the facelift model (introduced in autumn 2015 according to the Lexus media site) I'm not sure if it was a standard feature or an optional extra on the pre-facelift model. Hopefully someone else can clarify.

It was standard on the GS300h Premier pre-facelift. On the GS450h it was only standard/available in 2014 along with the introduction of the GS300h, before then it wasn't available even as an option.

• Like 2

To summarise the answers to Mark's question:

apple CarPlay - Nope - only as an aftermarket modification

Sunroof - was an option but only slightly less rare than hen's teeth. Good luck with finding one.

HUD - yep - you get that on Premier spec.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys - my search continues . . . .

The F sport wins on looks

The premier wins on spec

We will see which one comes up first

I guess we were spoilt with the LS which got everything thrown in bar ACC

40 minutes ago, In_a_state said:

You can check to see if the UK brochure is of any help (first link after I searched "lexus gs uk brochure"), see page 24 and onwards:

https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/06/1517227368180125MGSfullrelease.pdf

Thanks - thats a very useful link

Probably leaning more towards the premier spec.

3 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Just remember that brochure is for the MY16 face-lift model and so might not be entirely accurate for a 14/15 plate car.

Well the main 2 things are HUD and sunroof - I like light airy interior - white with cream leather 

The facelift ones appeal less to me - too much aggressiveness in the front bumper

• Like 1

Also FYI if you would like ACC I know that on the pre-facelift 450h model it was only available on the Premier but it was an optional extra, just like the sunroof. However I do not know if it was even an option for the pre-facelift 300h Premier. Again hopefully someone else can clarify this.

I had all the technical and spec info relating to the pre-facelift cars (250, 300h and 450h) bookmarked but, annoyingly, these pages are now no longer available.

Good luck with your search Mark.

12 hours ago, In_a_state said:

Right, then it's probably the attached, found here https://autocatalogarchive.com/lexus/

Lexus-GS-2015-UK.pdf 15.63 MB · 1 download

Thats a great link - some enjoyable reading !

Has anybody got any input between GS300h and 450H in terms of engine refinement.

90% of my driving is local 

I do know that the acceleration in the 450H is unmatched - but that would only benefit me occasionally.

But I would still consider the 450H if the right spec became available.

Have you driven a Lexus hybrid Mark? I only ask as there have been a few posts on this forum were potential owners of the hybrid cars stated they were put off by the CVT gearbox as they did not like the increased engine 'noise' under acceleration (which incidentally returns to near silent once your required speed has been attained). This is due to the fact that as it's singled geared it stays at the required engine RPM until the required speed has been achieved.

8 hours ago, cruisermark said:

Has anybody got any input between GS300h and 450H in terms of engine refinement.

I cannot compare like with like so to speak but I have has two ES 300h F Sports (and a brand new Takumi) as courtesy cars and in my opinion the V6 in my GS 450h is far more refined than the 4 cylinder in the ES 300h, the same engine that powers the GS 300h. Again only my opinion.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2024 at 6:24 PM, Legendliving said:

Hi,

yes 300h Premier comes with HUD  and sunroof was an option, but CarPlay is only an aftermarket thing on any GS in the UK not sure about other markets.

good luck in your search. The Premier trim is lovely! 

The way I understand it the apple Carlplay is not available in any area for the GS so that is an after-market thing check youtube for how to install seems pretty straightforward.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links