Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear trailing arm bushes

I purchased my 2019 NX December 2023. The vehicle is subject to both the Lexus 10 year and Lexus 1 year warranty. Mot done at the time showed no advisories. Service completed May 2024 revealed delaminating on the n/s trailing arm. The vehicle has covered 29000. Under 2000 miles since purchase.

Service Manager states that he has been informed by both warranty companies that the bush is down to general wear and tear, I would argue this due to the mileage. The Manager advised me that he would pursue it further and let me know asap.

My last Lexus RX was sold with 70000 mls on the clock at 9 years old, the suspension bushes were original and good order, I believe the bushes on the NX to be of an inferior quality.

Your comments on this situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 hour ago, #Sandy# said:

I purchased my 2019 NX December 2023. The vehicle is subject to both the Lexus 10 year and Lexus 1 year warranty. Mot done at the time showed no advisories. Service completed May 2024 revealed delaminating on the n/s trailing arm. The vehicle has covered 29000. Under 2000 miles since purchase.

Service Manager states that he has been informed by both warranty companies that the bush is down to general wear and tear, I would argue this due to the mileage. The Manager advised me that he would pursue it further and let me know asap.

My last Lexus RX was sold with 70000 mls on the clock at 9 years old, the suspension bushes were original and good order, I believe the bushes on the NX to be of an inferior quality.

Your comments on this situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, this is interesting... I have a 2019 NX and it has done about 42000 miles. At the last service a couple of weeks ago I had to pay for the replacement of both rear trailing arms, due to the terrible condition of the bushes. They were terrible, I saw them. This wasn't covered by Relax and I had to pay £900 odd for their replacement. I too was amazed that they were so deteriorated, but put it down to the sea air where I live. Everything corrodes it seems. Also of note is that the lower arm bushes are going the same way... not needing replacement yet but it won't be long.

Just now, #Sandy# said:

Thanks Steve, my friend has a 2017 model and there is no trouble with t

Thanks Steve, my friend has a 2017 model with no problems. That’s why I thought it was better to inform members of the situation.

• Like 1

At times I think that older cars were built to last. We had a 2010 Audi with 100,000 miles which still had the original suspension and brake discs. It was a great car 😀

Hopefully my NX is similar 😀😀 

• Like 2

I had a 97 BMW and a 2009 Volvo, both did well over 100,000 miles and both had original discs and suspension, bushes and all.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links