Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyres & tyre pressure

Firstly, tyre pressure.  I specifically asked the dealer what the pressure should be and he had it higher at the back than the front.  I read a thread here and someone pointed out that on the door plate it says 33psi all round.  Anyone know why this is?  It clearly is not just my dealer.

I’ve reset mine to 33psi.  Has anyone noticed a difference after doing so?

Secondly, I have the run flat Bridgestones.  I know a lot of folks aren’t keen on these.  I’ve read positive things about the Michelin.  I’d welcome the group’s experiences and wisdom.

I queried the tyre pressures with my dealer, but no definitive answer. The lady at the dealership has an NX450h+ and had just had the first service, she has hers set at 2.4 Bar (34.8 PSI). she reckons she get even wear, so I have gone with that. I have the Yokohama BlueEarth.

Time will tell, but I guess there are so many factors that can impact, there's a certain amount of trial and error, within reason.

The dealers will run higher pressure for efficiency which often ruins the ride 

Just play around. Anything between 32 and 38 psi is reasonable 

I do not have the plug-in, but I have 235/60 R18 tyres and run then at the pressures stated on the door plate - 2.3 bar or 33 psi.

When I collected the car the pressures were near 40PSI, so I immediately dropped them and the improvement in ride was marked.

With these pressures I regularly get over 50MPG, sometimes much higher, so I do not need higher pressures just to get better economy figures.

16 hours ago, rdc said:

I’ve read positive things about the Michelin.  I’d welcome the group’s experiences and wisdom.

In 60 years of motoring, I’ve probably had more Michelins than any other brand.  We have the original CrossClimates on our other car - a small 4x4 - and I would have had them on the Lexus, but at the time they didn’t offer one of the two sizes it required.

I believe they may now do so, in which case I may even replace the otherwise excellent Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric, which I got instead, with the latest version of the CrossClimate if they wear down enough!

Of course it all depends on your style of driving.  For me, it’s the excellent wet weather performance that’s the priority.  Low noise levels and a comfortable ride are also attractive features, but fuel consumption and mileage are less important - although I’ve always got quite high mileages out of Michelins before needing to replace them, which I normally do at 3mm of tread.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links