Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi there,

Just got an email from present insurer (LV) to tell me they no longer want to insure me at my renewal.
Apparently this is due to the high levels of theft of this model.

Anyone recommend a decent insurance company for the Lexus RX.

Thanks

Phil

AXA have just advised they do not want to insure my RX 450h after many years.   Licence held since 1974 and maximum ncd!

GoCompare provided alternatives at little increase to last year’s premium.

If Lexus had done something substantial about the security issue, perhaps owners would not be getting ripped off.  My car has security plates fitted.

Try Saga, who cover through LV.  When LV stopped covering my RX350 for EU cover for 12 months I switched to Saga, who will, and was surprised to find the cover was provided by LV!

1 hour ago, Spock66 said:

I moved from LV to Hastings Direct.

Same here. I paid just a few quid extra over the basic hastings price to avoid the "everything online" potential issues.

Now Phil, do you want a cheaper quote, or a quality policy?

A lot appears to depend on where you live, I renewed mine in May, and did a lot or research into policies, and importantly the claims procedure. Remember, you get what you pay for!
The cheaper policies through comparison sites like Marshmallow, Nutshell and Hedgehog, those insurers you’ve never heard of, so with no claims reviews, gave them a wide berth!
Then we come to Brokers, One Call and Howdens seem to rate quite favourably, and the prices very competitive, but they use Lloyds backed companies to spread your risk between several insurers ie Highway,Sabre, ERS etc, which I suggest may delay any claim while the pull monies in the settle a claim.

As you say, LV declined to renew, and Axa Aegeas, Aviva, declined to insure, and others, Direct Line £2555.00!

The best policy was undoubtedly Tesco Gold, at £1064, but the claims procedure and customer service does not appear to match the quality of the policy.

So in the end I plumbed for NFU at £1264, their reputation is a safer bet.

A lot of prices I got came in at £1200 up to £2k+.

Your RX is worth protecting, now, do you take the cheaper option or go for the No1.

• Thanks 1

Try Aviva. They were competitive - not the cheapest but certainly not anywhere near the most expensive!

16 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Try Aviva

I agree, got a reasonable price and cover from Aviva after Swiftcover (AXA) wrote and told me that they couldn’t cover me this year….

Hi  Just want to promote the nice Lexus Insurance people, who won't even insure their own cars.  Anyone know their social media sites.

Time to take it to the insurers and underwriters and bring it to their doorstep

image.thumb.png.bbc0523d1838212e35699ca132154f90.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Im now going for Aioi Nissay, they won't even quote let alone sensibly so now I am going to cause a storm. I've already complained to Lexus UK about this as I feel as an organisation they have the clout and I will start taking it up the ladder.  I wish other people would start pushing as one voice alone is going to be a challenge. 

I am afraid that this appears to be the erosion of the brand as we knew it. 
I too tried Lexus insurance in May, and they declined to quote me.

The fact that they appear to use the Lexus name to trade, should cause concern with Lexus U.K., but I really think they are no longer the company they were.

I have noticed that when I recently booked my service, on line, I made additional requests for work to be done. No one has replied. I attempted to phone Lexus Birmingham, but the calls are all diverted to Milton Keynes I believe, then they contact the dealer, and you become the piggy in the middle. Not good practice, and certainly not the service we had attracted to the brand in tge first place. 
So I am afraid the fact that they decline my insurance, sod em, there is always some one else who will welcome my business, but the other decisions may lead to many loyal customers looking elsewhere come time to renew their vehicle.

Ps… avoid Audi, there dealers are poor!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, larryadler said:

I attempted to phone Lexus Birmingham, but the calls are all diverted to Milton Keynes I believe, then they contact the dealer, and you become the piggy in the middle.

That's the franchisee rather than the manufacturer, Steven Eagell in this case who owns both Birmingham and MK, cutting costs by having centralised call management - others, Inchcape for example, do that too.

The way to get change is to cause a large noise and generate awareness.  These companies value profit over anything else IMHO so when they start to lose profit they will do something. 

After LV declined our renewal, I went with RIAS (part of Aegeas) after shopping around on comparison sites. All the big insurers like Aviva and AXA declined to offer a quote. I am based in London and maybe that contributed. Either way, my insurance went up by 2.5x over last year! Thanks Lexus!!

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links