Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

They did it again...

Tiff was at Lexus Leicester yesterday and today to have the sunroof rattle issue fixed. I have to say that on the drive home I thought "they did a good job there" to myself.

Meet Cordelia:

image.thumb.png.91f7b3f3f16579b6bacfec74bf0450c6.png

"Who is Cordelia?" I hear you all ask. Well, she's the courtesy car I have been whizzing about in for the past two days. Yes, you guessed it. I've bought another courtesy car. That'll be the third one now.

Cordelia, aka "Lexus Number 7" is an F Sport Takumi. As soon as I sat in her, I thought "Oh, Betsy.....". It's the steering wheel which did it. I've missed grasping Betsy firmly. It's just not quite the same feeling in Tiff. Sorry Love.

Cordelia has got all the Takumi things I need. I think it's just the cooled seats and passenger seat memory which is missing up front. All the clever rear seat stuff never got used as I rarely took people in there (you have to earn such privileges you know). I felt that Tiff really needed to go to a family or someone who would get the full enjoyment of all her accouterments. 

I might be picking Cordelia up on Monday or I might have to wait until Wednesday. Bloody work commitments. 

As I left after signing the paperwork, I did raise a finger to Johnathan, the Service Manager, insisting that he gave me a Trabant the next time I visited for a service....

• Haha 1

James hi, had you thought to take a job, part time or otherwise, with the Lexus Main Dealer with the opportunity to take a drive whenever in all these ( new ) offerings emerging …….. save you a small fortune cashwise and fulfil a keen interest …….. 

Just a thought !

Malc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/19/2024 at 9:57 AM, Malc1 said:

James hi, had you thought to take a job, part time or otherwise, with the Lexus Main Dealer with the opportunity to take a drive whenever in all these ( new ) offerings emerging …….. save you a small fortune cashwise and fulfil a keen interest …….. 

Just a thought !

Malc 

That's not a bad idea Malcolm. I'll give it some thought 😁

Yes do ........ I reached retirement age and thought to create a Travel Company to effectively pay for my travels abroad .............. 

9 years on and many cost effective and tax efficient trips later I'm fulfilling that dream ...  a little ................. try it and see

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2024 at 8:00 PM, Mincey said:

Tiff was at Lexus Leicester yesterday and today to have the sunroof rattle issue fixed. I have to say that on the drive home I thought "they did a good job there" to myself.

Meet Cordelia:

image.thumb.png.91f7b3f3f16579b6bacfec74bf0450c6.png

"Who is Cordelia?" I hear you all ask. Well, she's the courtesy car I have been whizzing about in for the past two days. Yes, you guessed it. I've bought another courtesy car. That'll be the third one now.

Cordelia, aka "Lexus Number 7" is an F Sport Takumi. As soon as I sat in her, I thought "Oh, Betsy.....". It's the steering wheel which did it. I've missed grasping Betsy firmly. It's just not quite the same feeling in Tiff. Sorry Love.

Cordelia has got all the Takumi things I need. I think it's just the cooled seats and passenger seat memory which is missing up front. All the clever rear seat stuff never got used as I rarely took people in there (you have to earn such privileges you know). I felt that Tiff really needed to go to a family or someone who would get the full enjoyment of all her accouterments. 

I might be picking Cordelia up on Monday or I might have to wait until Wednesday. Bloody work commitments. 

As I left after signing the paperwork, I did raise a finger to Johnathan, the Service Manager, insisting that he gave me a Trabant the next time I visited for a service....

I'm noticing a pattern. All I can say is it' a good job for your financial health that alimony does not extend to Ex cars.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Nice colour, what’s the story behind the name Cordelia? What will Tiff think? Will she sulk like Betsy did?

Let's just hope for his sake he never  names one Christine!

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links