Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well hello Mellow Fembers….it’s me…..Big Kev in the Highlands of Scotlandville, originally Glesga. Earlier this year, whilst in the throes of purchasing a lovely RX450 Premium ( 2018with 36k thereon), I had a right bummer full bhoona stroke, so not been able to explore my new charge much until recently.

First observation is that James T. Kirk had less buttons to play with….! Dear God…..this thing’s a Starwars clone…! Second observation ……seating. All for ergonomically correct, but these bloody things are solid compared to my last four (4) Rav 4s. So much so I have ordered some gel pads from That China. The stroke caused me to lose 2.5 stone, mostly off ma bum I think…! 
Utterly loving the car….it has big shoes to fill. I had a glorious Jag XJ prior to this.

That’s all for now, except hello and speak soon…..daft questions incoming. I will first try to Reset The Frequency Modulator……RTFM….! 

PS….DID THIS ON DAY TWO…..FIRST ONE TO LAUGH GETS A GLESGA KISSOR TWO…,

IMG_3339.jpeg

• Like 3

Welcome to the club Kev 👍🏻

I’ll sit on my hands and make no comment 😮
…other than glad you are on the mend 👍🏻👍🏻

Welcome Kev, you're not the first and won't be the last to back into something!  I did similar in my last RX, unfortunately for my mate, it was his prized classic 8 series BMW V8 convertible parked behind me!  I ended up paying for both repairs and laughed it off, eventually.   Wishing you good health to enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s never quite so bad if you’ve done it yourself BUT if the other ‘arf  ‘as dun it …….. well you daren’t say a word 😇

Malc 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Big Kev said:

The stroke caused me to lose 2.5 stone,

Welcome Big Kev!

Or presumably ‘Not Quite So Big Kev.’  Which can only be a good thing after a stroke - which is not a pleasant experience.  So…glad to hear that your health is improving and you’re looking forward to enjoying your new Lexus.

Seems like you have the right attitude to the odd ding, too. As Paul said, we’ve all been there.  You don’t want to get too stressed over it as it’s not as important as your health.  

The first week with my Lexus I kerbed a couple of the low profile alloys.  But we’ve got on fine together since then. 😊

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Malc1 said:

It’s never quite so bad if you’ve done it yourself BUT if the other ‘arf  ‘as dun it …….. well you daren’t say a word 😇

Malc 

No, but you can get your own back  :laughing:

image.thumb.jpeg.bad8c0889019a2a62bfdc9462c68f5c5.jpeg

• Haha 8

8 hours ago, LenT said:

The first week with my Lexus I kerbed a couple of the low profile alloys.  But we’ve got on fine together since then. 😊

This reminds me of when I bought a new MX5 years ago and saying to my wife,as I manoeuvred into a parking space"for god's sake, don't kerb the alloys, as they're dark metallic grey and they'll be a nightmare to touch up".....CRUNCH .Luckily I found a tiny tin of Humbrol enamel which was a perfect match.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links