Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello everyone, I’m a newbie so please be gentle with me 😂

I have a Takumi on order and I purchased it through a scheme that provides the vehicle pretty much from the manufacture, with a hefty discount.  

This means I have no relationship with the provider of the car and I want a service plan.  Do you know /think I will be able to purchase a service plan through my local Lexus dealer even though I didn’t get it from them?  I know Autoserve do service plans for Lexus, but I think I would do better to stick to buying a plan from a dealer - IF they will sell it me as I didn’t buy the car from them. 

Your comments would be appreciated 😊

Jean 

Welcome, Jean

Lexus Dealerships will most likely be keen to do business with you, and I doubt they would be sniffy that you didn't buy the car from them.  I recommend that you approach your local main Lexus dealer and ask them to quote for a service plan for your new car.  Enjoy!  We're on our sixth Lexus so far and we love them!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Goodplan53 said:

Welcome, Jean

Lexus Dealerships will most likely be keen to do business with you, and I doubt they would be sniffy that you didn't buy the car from them.  I recommend that you approach your local main Lexus dealer and ask them to quote for a service plan for your new car.  Enjoy!  We're on our sixth Lexus so far and we love them!

Thank you Tim, I found the cost of the plans on the Lexus website and it's like any other that it includes two baby services, one big one and an MOT, then they just divide it by 36 months as they dont charge interest.  Is it normal for the dealer to collect the car, service it, then return it, as our dealer is over 30 miles away we probably will want this service? 

This will be our first Lexus - I've always wanted one, but didnt want a big car and we feel the LBX will suit our lifestyle perfectly .  Im so excited, I dont know how I will cope with waiting for another 4 weeks 🙂 

Thanks for the prompt reply

Jean 

Your local Lexus dealer will be only too keen to sign you up to a service plan. Regarding a collection service I would expect that they offer this however the two minor services don't take long and I have always booked an early appointment and waited in the showroom whilst these are carried out. A plentiful supply of coffee makes the time pass swiftly! For the major service I usually book a courtesy car which is normally available at minimal cost and gives the opportunity to drive another model from the range!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Your local Lexus dealer will be only too keen to sign you up to a service plan. Regarding a collection service I would expect that they offer this however the two minor services don't take long and I have always booked an early appointment and waited in the showroom whilst these are carried out. A plentiful supply of coffee makes the time pass swiftly! For the major service I usually book a courtesy car which is normally available at minimal cost and gives the opportunity to drive another model from the range!

Thank you Ken, good thinking!  I was just discussing this will my husband and told him I think I might cry if someone else is driving my new car 30+ miles to the dealer, then back again 🙂 

I like the idea of a courtesy car too.  Sounds. like a plan.

What a nice helpful site this is, with people willing to help each other.

Kind regards Jean

• Like 4

Hi Jean

I purchased my GSF from dealership in Cheltenham and purchased service plan from my preferred dealer in Canterbury, no reason to worry 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

Hi Jean

I purchased my GSF from dealership in Cheltenham and purchased service plan from my preferred dealer in Canterbury, no reason to worry 

Perfect thank you.  May I ask if you purchased the service plan from the service department or the sales dept?  

1 minute ago, Spock66 said:

You may be able to negotiate a discount with the dealer, 10% should be achievable.

Oh really, I assumed it would be a fixed price as its usually. pay monthly 0% interest.   I'll make sure I ask 🙂

3 hours ago, Jean33 said:

Perfect thank you.  May I ask if you purchased the service plan from the service department or the sales dept?  

Yes,  I purchased through the service department, they set up the service plan which I now believe is a national one rather than dealer specific which would give you flexibility of where to go that suits yourself.

• Thanks 1

Hi Jean,

My service plan for my LBX is £31 per month for 3 years. That’s for 3 services and first MOT. 

Ian )

4 minutes ago, Shufman said:

Hi Jean,

My service plan for my LBX is £31 per month for 3 years. That’s for 3 services and first MOT. 

Ian )

Hi Ian,

Thank you, I found it on the website and after the comments from others on the here, I called my local dealer and asked if I could buy a service plan from them and they said to just call when I take delivery of the car 🙂

Jean

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links