Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anybody got a 300h yet?

I had one on an extended test drive this week.  It’s quieter and the revs don’t flare much (it doesn’t bother me on the 250h) and it is noticeably quicker.   I also noticed a marked improvement in fuel economy.   I thought the speed warning would bother me but it was very subdued and quite a pleasant tone.  I can live with that.  It’s a legal requirement on any car registered from 2024.
Another interesting observation was that I tested the water with the insurance and they said it would generate a £65 rebate which I presume is down to the safety systems on it.  

Don,

Who is your Insurer as Lloyds Bank looks to be my preferred supplier for a fully comprehensive c.£650 ?

Terry

I heard one backing up at my local dealer last week and my goodness the pedestrian warning sound was loud.  I think they have done what they have done with the Toyotas now .... one sounder at the front at normal volume for Drive, but when reverse is selected the volume is increased dramatically.

I was concerned coming from my Prius which was a 2017 with no pedestrian warning sound which I preferred, to a new NX with the warning sound, but fortunately the NX has a sounder at the front for Drive and one at the back for Reverse and they are both a fairly low level... loud enough, but not blaring loud, I actually quite like it now.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2024 at 11:53 PM, Don C said:

I had one on an extended test drive this week.  It’s quieter and the revs don’t flare much (it doesn’t bother me on the 250h) and it is noticeably quicker.   I also noticed a marked improvement in fuel economy.   I thought the speed warning would bother me but it was very subdued and quite a pleasant tone.  I can live with that.  It’s a legal requirement on any car registered from 2024.
Another interesting observation was that I tested the water with the insurance and they said it would generate a £65 rebate which I presume is down to the safety systems on it.  

Good review Don. Did you speak to your dealer about cost to change from your existing 250H? It would be interesting to see if the dealers are keen to part exchange the old model. Toyota dealers were quite aggressive in promoting new models.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pavan said:

Good review Don. Did you speak to your dealer about cost to change from your existing 250H? It would be interesting to see if the dealers are keen to part exchange the old model. Toyota dealers were quite aggressive in promoting new models.

When I sold my two year old NX to WBAC in 2022 I got nearly what I’d paid two years earlier.  That was during the chip shortage when cars were taking over a year from ordering to delivery and people on PCPs were after very good low mileage second hand.   That isn’t the case any more and we’re back to some stock being held in the country.   That is reflected in the trade in price and mine has dropped about £14k since new in October.  The only way I can justify a change is with some hard negotiating and we’re too and fro at the moment.  I’m waiting for a call today.  I’m interested because it will be significantly better on fuel, I now know the insurance is cheaper and the high powered rear axle may save me in the bad weather.   If I can’t reach an agreement with the dealer on new, I’ll wait until nearly new second hand are available.  

• Like 1

Don,

Life is too short & you can also negotiate some extras to sweeten the deal.

Tel

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tel said:

Don,

Life is too short & you can also negotiate some extras to sweeten the deal.

Tel

Haha, my sentiment entirely!  Just sent you a pm re insurance.  

• 3 weeks later...

Well the 300h has arrived and I must say it has potential.   It is already eclipsing the 250h for fuel consumption and I can tell it’s going to go well.   If found a display I like and I’ve always liked the gear shifter.  There’s a an option of a second row of controls from the CarPlay screen so you can get into the Lexus menu very quick.  The speed warning doesn’t bother me but disabling it only requires two clicks.  The graphics are super and I’ve attached some photos.   Ignore the fuel consumption, that’s because I had it running while I was messing.  

IMG_0733.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_0727.jpeg

IMG_0728.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0720.jpeg

IMG_0721.jpeg

IMG_0722.jpeg

IMG_0719.jpeg

• Like 3

Very nice Don, glad the dealer came up with a deal that worked for you. 

I like the speed warning it’s very discrete. 

Not sure if the UX is the same, but I didn’t realise on my NX how much the rear wheels are used, I thought it was just when extra grip was needed. If I have the All Wheel Drive display up you can see the rear wheels are working when initially pulling away then stop once up to a certain speed. 

Can the Speedo be configured to display all the speed limits as I would want to see 30, 50, 70 etc  Think I would just have the large digital speed as that is what I have been used to for so many years  

Good news about the fuel consumption too, I am amazed at what mine does, so yours must be even better. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stepppy said:

Very nice Don, glad the dealer came up with a deal that worked for you. 

I like the speed warning it’s very discrete. 

Not sure if the UX is the same, but I didn’t realise on my NX how much the rear wheels are used, I thought it was just when extra grip was needed. If I have the All Wheel Drive display up you can see the rear wheels are working when initially pulling away then stop once up to a certain speed. 

Can the Speedo be configured to display all the speed limits as I would want to see 30, 50, 70 etc  Think I would just have the large digital speed as that is what I have been used to for so many years  

Good news about the fuel consumption too, I am amazed at what mine does, so yours must be even better. 

I had a Yaris Cross AWD and the rear axle hardly ever came into play except starting on a wet road.  It did so on a snowy day 50/50 so it worked really well.  I only had the display on for a short while yesterday but it was working full time like you say so they’ve changed it and on the new model it’s gone from 5 to 41 HP.  I’m not aware of the speedo being configured to show limits but I didn’t study the different options.  It is smart on a Mazda and shows a green jewel at the speed limit which turns red at the posted limit but I’ll have to report back on that.   I typically got about 45 mpg with the 250h but I’ve got a feeling this is going to surpass 60 when it’s freed off.   By the way, I had a 350h but it went back following a disagreement with the dealer about the spec’ (not this dealer I used for the UX, a different one).

IMG_3853.jpeg

• Like 2

Dash cams went in today.  The new style console is much easier to get out than the previous one as it separates in pieces.  Oh and that strange looking container in the boot is the expansion box for the sub woofer.  

IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0743.jpeg

IMG_0744.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stepppy said:

Oh my goodness, that looks scary, you're a braver man than me 😆

The way I change cars, I’ve had a lot of practice!

• Haha 2

Don

Assume you spray Silicon on re-assembly to avoid creaks & rattles.

In 2006, the IS Mk2 dash could creak because the mounting slots were a touch too big.

Most early cars responded to compressed foam (mine) but some required dash out & wider pins.

All creaked until Silicon grease was applied on assembly.

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Don

Assume you spray Silicon on re-assembly to avoid creaks & rattles.

In 2006, the IS Mk2 dash could creak because the mounting slots were a touch too big.

Most early cars responded to compressed foam (mine) but some required dash out & wider pins.

All creaked until Silicon grease was applied on assembly.

Tel

Ne, never and there isn’t a rattle or squeak anywhere.  Every single part has felt or foam glued to the contact points.  The amount of detail is amazing really.  

Assume that was the same for out Cross as the build was excellent if somewhat harsh compared to my LBX.

Tel

• Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 7:33 AM, Don C said:

I had a Yaris Cross AWD and the rear axle hardly ever came into play except starting on a wet road.  It did so on a snowy day 50/50 so it worked really well.  I only had the display on for a short while yesterday but it was working full time like you say so they’ve changed it and on the new model it’s gone from 5 to 41 HP.  I’m not aware of the speedo being configured to show limits but I didn’t study the different options.  It is smart on a Mazda and shows a green jewel at the speed limit which turns red at the posted limit but I’ll have to report back on that.   I typically got about 45 mpg with the 250h but I’ve got a feeling this is going to surpass 60 when it’s freed off.   By the way, I had a 350h but it went back following a disagreement with the dealer about the spec’ (not this dealer I used for the UX, a different one).

IMG_3853.jpeg

Evening Don pleased to see i aint the only one getting 45mpg in my UX. 

• Like 1

Hello all. 

2 questions:

I am not sure my new UX 300h came with the new LSS+ version 3 installed. Does anyone one know where in the settings I can check the version? There are some standard features advertised yet I cannot notice them in my car.

2nd....I notice the brakes creak when going very slow, almost at stop but inching along. It is really loud. Is this typical? 

Oh...also, I don't have the digital key option so the keys I have always think it is me entering the cat.,  but want to find an easy way for my wife to switch to her profile and driver settings. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 😉

On 7/8/2024 at 11:05 AM, saz318 said:

Hello all. 

2 questions:

I am not sure my new UX 300h came with the new LSS+ version 3 installed. Does anyone one know where in the settings I can check the version? There are some standard features advertised yet I cannot notice them in my car.

2nd....I notice the brakes creak when going very slow, almost at stop but inching along. It is really loud. Is this typical? 

Oh...also, I don't have the digital key option so the keys I have always think it is me entering the cat.,  but want to find an easy way for my wife to switch to her profile and driver settings. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 😉

Your 300h does have the LSS+ fitted, that’s standard.  If it’s got the digital dash (and it does if it’s a 300h) it does.   Yes, that brake noise is far more noticeable on my new 300h than it was on my 9 month old 250h.  I was a brake engineer for 17 years and that noise is referred to as creep groan.  It’s really a stick/slip effect.  There are a lot of unannounced changes to the 300h and the braking system is completely different albeit the pads and discs could be the same size.   I personally don’t worry about the noise and if the dealer intervenes, it’ll probably only end up with them greasing backplates to no avail.   I do have the digital key option but without the link in the app, it’s impossible to activate it.  Not that I can see any benefits, I’d rather have the card key of the previous generation.   I certainly won’t pay a subscription.  Regarding the settings, if both phones are registered, press the settings cog, select (I think it’s Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) and select you wife’s name.   If you’ve got memory seats, you can set the seat and mirrors position by using the two keys.  

Thanks for all this good info about the creep groan. Much appreciated.

A couple points: indeed I have LSS+ , but the 300h is supposed to have version 3, as opposed to V2 or 2.5.  my vehicle seems to be misding some features that are supposed to be standard in V3. I need to check with the dealer. 

Also, regarding the driver log in, in fact it is the only solution I found as well, but each time we have to type in our passwords, which it a small hassle and time waste. I was hoping for a more "smart" solution from Lexus. Oh well .. 

Cheers. 

2 hours ago, saz318 said:

A couple points: indeed I have LSS+ , but the 300h is supposed to have version 3, as opposed to V2 or 2.5.  my vehicle seems to be misding some features that are supposed to be standard in V3. I need to check with the dealer. 

What grade vehicle do you have, and what features do you believe are missing? Most of the new features are only provided with the Premium Plus grade and above.

yes.. I double checked all this. I have a "Dynamic" which is not luxury or f-sport. I confirmed the standard features that are will all 300h vehicles, not the premium extras. My vehicle is missing some of the standard features, or they are not functioning. I am in touch with the dealer/salesman. It is still on-going. 

It is possible that I am not finding the setting, etc... but I am quite technically adept, have spent hours sitting in the car going through every corner of the console, etc... Crazy. 

I am thinking that the car was shipped with LSS+ v2.5 , and the dealer did not properly upgrade to v3. It is the only explanation I can think of. 

I see from your location you are not in the UK, maybe your country has different specifications to UK supplied cars?

Agreed.  There isn’t a Dynamic in the U.K. range.  Our entry model is the Urban and that has the same safety system as my Takumi.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links