Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

It will be interesting to see...

5 minutes ago, GMB said:

Nice video  he gives it some stick at 3.3 minutes

Not my thing to be fair - I would even call it ungainly looking thing, but Fastback Mustang - yeah would take that any day.

I am not saying I hate or anything, it is good, I like it, but if there is the muscle car, then it must be 1967 Mustang Fastback. GT500 ideally (not the "Eleonora" thing, but the original 60s design).

Ah yes,  the number of times I watched that scene in Bullitt. I even bought the DVD!🫡

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GMB said:

Ah yes,  the number of times I watched that scene in Bullitt. I even bought the DVD!🫡

This illustrates it perfectly what I mean by "ungainly", Charger looks like typical american car, rolls in corners, tiny wheels hidden deep in the arches, seems like it can go straight, but will roll over in the corner. In contrast Mustang corners almost like modern car, flat and fast also car if perfectly proportioned, perfect overhand front and rear, wheels in the corners, body wrapped tightly around it. It looks sexy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Not by the owners thought.

I agree with your statement - owners tend to be optimistic, everyone else pessimistic... The only thing - I am failing to find examples where the optimist had it? 

LFA maybe? but apart of that luxury coupes (unlike thoroughbred sports car) tend to depreciate. LFA was exception, because it was supercar.

I said adjusted for inflation... do you mean I could have used "normalised" instead... I am confused!

My mistake. I posed the question to you, but you didn't post the chart. The chart vertical axis is labelled "normalised" and Iwas trying to ascertain if the poster and I understood that term in the same way.

2 hours ago, GMB said:

But I really really want a Dodge charger R/T ( even though they are not that quick by today's standards, but that sound..... )

Problem is; I should have bought one 20 yrs ago when they were £12K and not  £ 100K like today.  Anyway I can't afford one so I have a nasty evil rotten old 200t which Linas doesn't like.

Such is life; I nearly bought a Lancia Integrale Evo 1 back around 2008 for just over 10K. Thinking of getting a similar car at some time in the next year or so, and i'm probably going to need to spend 75K+ to get a car of similar condition. Hindsight and all that. Maybe the LV gets traded in for the Evo...

7 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Trouble is with all these predictions, they tend to follow the same pattern, whereby those that don’t have said car always predict the worst. Arguably, those that do have said car like to be optimistic.

Finally, I believe someone likened the LC to the SC. Not sure that’s wise. The SC was hated by nearly everybody.

I’m inclined to agree with this, the car has had a more favourable reception than the SC.  One thing that’s not being mentioned either is that RCF prices may hold up LC500 V8 values.  For many, the LC500 is a more desirable car and as such will command a premium over an RCF, particularly when it was received so well.  I’d Iove to see good LCs in the £30k range over the next few years but don’t see it happening.

Im not convinced the days of £10-15k F-Cars are coming back either (inflation) so it’s going to influence the V8 LCs too.

The LC500h on the other hand…..

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my eye on the UK LC500 market for a year now, as I was looking to time my purchase with my own personal circumstances, coupled with a favourable entry point.

It went quiet over winter as you'd expect, so I tried to lowball on a car in early March, incredibly despite it being on the market for months with seemingly no interest it went the following day as I was thinking about it! The saving grace was his car wasn't fully loaded, it had everything but the ML audio.

Now, by "fully loaded" I mean V8 (obviously) Sport+, HUD,ML audio, I viewed an example ticking all the boxes with less mileage a week later and the rest is history.

Which brings me on to my market observations, I still keep my eye on it now, of the ~20 V8 petrols sitting around, nearly all have a naff spec, not sport+ or either of ML/HUD are missing, anything that has "the lot" Priced at around 50k is shifting well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links