Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus RCF currently racing at LeMans

Car number 78 is currently racing at the Lemans 24 hours. I tried to get a picture of it but failed. Anyway good to see the car racing

• Like 1

Embarrassingly, it collided with the parent company Hypercar in the warmup. 🤣

Nevertheless, the Toyotas are moving towards the front quite nicely after poor qualifying positions.

Yes I saw that too, but the Lexus RCF number 87 is currently leading it's GT3 group

45 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

MPSA_WEC_24PQAT_LC_10555112808.thumb.jpg.01833295fc6459393f39b48843edd816.jpg

Quite interesting how they ignore the facelift, which is years old now, and keep it based on the OG look. 🙂

Thats it I've caught a few glimpses of it on Eurosport, I remember many years ago they were racing at Brands Hatch, I didn't have my RCF then but do remember the thunderous sound, mind you so were the AMG's making a nice noise.

Looks like a BMW has taken the lead now

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

With none other than Valentino Rossi at the wheel.

Yes indeed and seems to be pretty good as well

4 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Thats it I've caught a few glimpses of it on Eurosport, I remember many years ago they were racing at Brands Hatch, I didn't have my RCF then but do remember the thunderous sound, mind you so were the AMG's making a nice noise.

Looks like a BMW has taken the lead now

5 hours ago, J Henderson said:

MPSA_WEC_24PQAT_LC_10555112808.thumb.jpg.01833295fc6459393f39b48843edd816.jpg

Quite interesting how they ignore the facelift, which is years old now, and keep it based on the OG look. 🙂

Such a good looking car with the wide arch kit.  I’d love to see concept images of the RCF and how much it was tamed down before release.  Also wonder if the car was originally designed with the RC300/h in mind with the RCF following after.

Most fast versions of cars were designed as base models then tuned up however My old FK civic was designed first and foremost as a Type R with ‘lesser’ models being de-styled versions.

As you say such a good looking car, back in the lead this morning. It's great to see the car racing. Like I say they had about 4 of them racing at Brands Hatch many years ago. Id love to see it win.

More details on Facebook and X search for Akkodis race team

F9Luv4HXIAA7xM4.jpeg

F9Luv4IW0AANNh5.jpeg

F9Luv4JXEAAoN2J.jpeg

F9Luv4IX0AAMEqs.jpeg

I really enjoyed this years LeMans must admit the RCF being in the GT3 section did influence my attention.

Found this on Youtube about the RCF GT3 car 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

It's a shame lexus didn't go more all in on the rcf track edition.

Yes that car is an embarrassment, I've always said that if you want to go on track buy a 2017 RCF and spend the rest on a Caterham or like me a hot VX220 Turbo makes far more sense.

just found this 

9 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Seems the cars is a 5.4l V8, I assume it’s a stroked version of ours….

I'm keeping an eye out this year for the GT3 series the RCF is racing in. If by any chance they are at Brands Hatch it would make a good Lexus owners meeting. From my recollection of them a long time ago they were thunderous to say the least.

• Like 1

I have no idea about LeMans but I got up close with the Toyota Avensis touring car once, the Toyota drivers test their cars on the test track here  according to them the only original part left was the bonnet & the chopped down shell of the car. It wasn't really an Avensis in any meaningful way. Wonder what engine is in that rcf cause I'd bet its not based on the 2ur

On 6/18/2024 at 12:24 PM, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

I have no idea about LeMans but I got up close with the Toyota Avensis touring car once, the Toyota drivers test their cars on the test track here  according to them the only original part left was the bonnet & the chopped down shell of the car. It wasn't really an Avensis in any meaningful way. Wonder what engine is in that rcf cause I'd bet its not based on the 2ur

I did find a video on the LeMans car and they have kept the basic engine unchanged from the road going RCF. Obviously suspension is highly modified but the engine has a limited number of tuning options available,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links