Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lambda sensors SC430.

Windegg

Hi,

I have had my vsc and vsc off and engine light go on. I tried resetting with a paper clip in the computer port which successfully worked for few months (the lights stayed off). Now they have come on again and the reset will not work. My garage tested and said I need to replace the four Lambda sensors on the exhaust. The original parts from Lexus cost well over a grand. Has anyone had experience of this and what did you do? Does anyone know if there are any Toyota branded parts which will also do the job? I have also seen after market sensors for the sc430 made by Bosch which don't cost anywhere near as much. Has anyone here had experience of replacing Lambda sensors on their sc430 and what did you do? I would be very interested to hear your experiences and opinions. 

Unusual to need all 4. I think I've done 2 so far. The genuine sensors are Denso. I would use original equipment but Bosch or another decent make should be okay.

Denso 89465-50120

£74 + shipping £15 Amayama

£99 Euro Car parts.

£247 ! Lexus Parts Direct 

We usually replace the sensors one at a time as and when when they fail.

Are any fault codes present ?

• Like 1

When I bought my SC, this issue existed.
I did what you have with the paperclip.
After all my issues were fixed by ToyotaTech, Guildford in 35 minutes, he reset my "Yaw sensor" in the software, and I've had no further recurrence.
Can anyone explain how lambda sensors affect VSC?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2Tanks said:

When I bought my SC, this issue existed.
I did what you have with the paperclip.
After all my issues were fixed by ToyotaTech, Guildford in 35 minutes, he reset my "Yaw sensor" in the software, and I've had no further recurrence.
Can anyone explain how lambda sensors affect VSC?

It's very confusing, VSC seems to appear with almost every fault, as if to back up the CEL.🙃

The fault codes should confirm which of the sensors is faulty. If both banks are too rich or lean then it may be something else like the MAF sensor needs cleaning/replacing. There are so many O2 sensor codes.

P01030, P1033, P1035, P1036, P1041, P0150, P01053, PO155, P0156 and more. Good code readers with reset capability tend to be expensive but they do save a lot of time and uncertainty.

• Like 1

I wouldn't replace all 4 in one go unless I had won the lottery , all 4 would not be failing at once .

I would seek further advice / opinions 

Front ones in the manifold/Down pipes are more common.

I can see the garages logic but you are spending more than you need too.

Thanks for all your comments. 

I have now installed Techstream on an old laptop and will see what codes it throws up.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 10:30 PM, Tomtit said:

We usually replace the sensors one at a time as and when when they fail.

Are any fault codes present ?

I managed to get Techstream working on an old laptop. The code I am getting is P0051 Oxygen (A/F) sensor heater control circuit low. Bank 2 sensor 1.

15 minutes ago, Bob King said:

It needs to be the dedicated one that fit that o/s, it has a longer harness lead than the n/s one .

Thank you Bob for your advice and knowledge. I will order and fit the parts you suggested. 

I've not had my SC430 for very long but already this forum has been an invaluable source of of great information. 

Thank you everyone who so kindly replied to my post!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links