Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone on here has taken delivery of a Takumi yet.

I ordered mine about 3 months ago and went to collect today. To be honest I'd forgotten the difference in the specs between the Takumi and Premium Plus and queried the lack of drivers seat powered adjustment at the time but now I've got home I've realised there are no paddle shifts either. Going through the list of specs I've managed to get hold off, it seems that most of the other things on the list- the alloys, speaker system and varying lighting options etc are as specced but wondered what others had been supplied with on their Takumis.

Negotiations with the dealer have already opened but they say they've supplied a Takumi however agree it's not to the spec that is on the website.

Thanks in advance!

John.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi John,

I picked my Takumi up a few weeks ago and the drivers seat is electric and the spec seems accurate. The latest brochure says powered seat so don’t know what’s happened there. The electric seat has a seat base angle adjuster which for me makes it much more comfortable as it supports my legs better so it’s a good thing to have. 

It also has paddle shifters so I’d be on to the dealer for an exchange as it’s not as described. I bought it out of the showroom so I presume it was an early build. 

IMG_1678.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Ha said:

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone on here has taken delivery of a Takumi yet.

I ordered mine about 3 months ago and went to collect today. To be honest I'd forgotten the difference in the specs between the Takumi and Premium Plus and queried the lack of drivers seat powered adjustment at the time but now I've got home I've realised there are no paddle shifts either. Going through the list of specs I've managed to get hold off, it seems that most of the other things on the list- the alloys, speaker system and varying lighting options etc are as specced but wondered what others had been supplied with on their Takumis.

Negotiations with the dealer have already opened but they say they've supplied a Takumi however agree it's not to the spec that is on the website.

Thanks in advance!

John.

Did you downgrade/change your seats from standard in the Takumi (to Tahara)? There was a similar post in a LBX Facebook group - apparently by changing the seats you lose “electric/memory seats, paddles, rear air vents and acoustic glass.”. This apparently wasn’t noted on dealer spec lists until recently… and has caught other people out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello John, we picked up our new LBX Takumi last month, and it has the HUD (fantastic!), electric driver's seat, paddles (not sure what they're for on a CVT 'box though), ML audio, electric tailgate etc.  If you feel it's not what you ordered you certainly should reject it and ask for a replacement.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I'm impressed and grateful!

I've spoken with the dealership who have agreed it's not been supplied  with the correct spec. They're having to wait until Monday to contact Lexus GB now.

I'm going to push for a replacement rather than a discount and will keep you updated as to how this progresses.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, John Ha said:

I've spoken with the dealership who have agreed it's not been supplied  with the correct spec. They're having to wait until Monday to contact Lexus GB now.

I'm going to push for a replacement rather than a discount and will keep you updated as to how this progresses.

Did you order different seats, or, one of the standard options?

On 6/15/2024 at 7:11 AM, Shufman said:

Hi John,

I picked my Takumi up a few weeks ago and the drivers seat is electric and the spec seems accurate. The latest brochure says powered seat so don’t know what’s happened there. The electric seat has a seat base angle adjuster which for me makes it much more comfortable as it supports my legs better so it’s a good thing to have. 

It also has paddle shifters so I’d be on to the dealer for an exchange as it’s not as described. I bought it out of the showroom so I presume it was an early build. 

IMG_1678.jpeg

Interesting comment on seat base angle adjuster. We have test driven an LBX twice and liked the car tremendously - HOWEVER, my wife could not get comfortable in the passenger seat and after much investigations and adjustment we found out why. The problem is that as you raise the manual height adjustment on the seat to a comfortable "see out of level” the back of the seat squab rises more than the front and as there is no seat squab angel adjustment all support behind the knees is lost, which my wife found very uncomfortable after a time. Sadly we have had to look elsewhere for a new car. In all other respects the LBX was superb - but if you can’t get comfortable then all is lost!

And then the penny drops.....

Originally we ordered a premium plus but I realised after a few days I really wanted some of the extras on the Takumi so upgraded and was advised there was no problem in keeping the same colours. Roll on 10 weeks and our 'Takumi' is missing the majority of things I'd upgraded to get. 

I didn't realise we'd 'downgraded the seats/upholstery but that's exactly what happened. Only realised this evening as we were considering what colour combinations we'd accept as our dealer has suggested an option may be for us to have a full spec Takumi from a showroom. This however needs to be approved by Lexus GB but it seems a precedent has been set in this situation. The dealership seem unaware of the issue with changing the upholstery and as to why our car is missing the powered seats/ paddle switches etc.

I'll keep you updated as to how this progresses.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/15/2024 at 12:00 PM, John Ha said:

What happened on Monday when the dealer called Lexus?

• Like 1

Hi everyone, an update as promised. Maybe I was being overly optimistic to think I'd be reporting everything was sorted.

There have been a number of phone calls and emails exchanged now between myself and the dealer and between the dealer and Lexus. It took until Thursday for an offer to be made and I think the dealer was quite embarrassed to tell me that they were offering 3yrs servicing/ 1st MOT (which I've already signed up for anyway) and the protection pack (which I've already paid for). This is obviously well short of being acceptable and I've rejected this. 

Lexus are reconsidering and I will hear further on Monday apparently. They now know I am aware of at least one similar instance to mine and the car was exchanged and a gesture of goodwill also given so hopefully they will come up with a much more realistic offer.

We have the car as supplied still, the dealer has told us to keep it for now and use it as we would have and I must say it is a joy to drive. My wife likes the colour scheme a lot and she would be happy to keep it but with appropriate recompense ie the difference in price between a Takumi and a premium plus as well as some degree of compensation. The car we've got is basically a premium plus with shiny wheels and some extra speakers so I don't think that's unrealistic if we go down that route.

John.

Ultimately and importantly- unless Lexus has moved to agency selling (which I don’t think it has), your contract is with the retailer (I.e. dealership), so it’s for them to really sort it - and not simply offer whatever they can get from Lexus UK. The dealership supplied a product that isn’t as described, and it’s up to them to replace, refund, or come to some other arrangement and agreement with you. 

How they then solve that and square it with Lexus isn’t your worry!

Thanks Tickedon,

I think (with the benefit of hindsight perhaps naively!) that as the dealership was making the right kind of noises I presumed it would all be sorted to my satisfaction within a few days. 
I’ve spent a long evening looking at lot of things on the internet regarding who is responsible and my rights.
Yes , you are spot on, it really has little to do with Lexus UK, my contract is with the dealership and they should rectify it. I can appreciate that it’s not perhaps their fault but they should be sorting this issue out themselves then taking it up with Lexus. I’m pretty sure they must know this so it makes me wonder if the “offer from Lexus” really originated there. 
Time to decide which legal assistance policy I should use perhaps!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links