Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

IS300 'recommissioning'

I have a 2002 IS300, which I've only driven for about 200 miles in the past 5 years, have finally decided to get it 'restored'. 

I drove it today for the first time since last October, and found that the rear view mirror had failed, ie it has two different colour levels. It's not the end of the world, but I'd like to replace it. Any recommendations for parts like this?

If you use eBay, there are several listed for the IS200 - not sure if they are the same as the IS300 version. 

There is a part number on the back of the mirror, you could compare that to the ones on eBay

They are not the same, if I am not mistaken the one in the IS300 is self dimming/photochromic while the one in the IS200 isn't 

• Like 1

I took it for a drive after picking it up from the garage. It drives like new, it really is a joy to drive.

It is rusting underneath, but the engine and gearbox are sublime.

I intend to keep this car going as long as I can afford the repairs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks eddiea1, will look up that part.

Now planning on changing the boot lid (mine has some rust); is the boot spoiler removable, ie would I be able to 'transplant' my spoiler onto the boot lid from an IS200?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 300KK said:

Thanks eddiea1, will look up that part.

Now planning on changing the boot lid (mine has some rust); is the boot spoiler removable, ie would I be able to 'transplant' my spoiler onto the boot lid from an IS200?

Spoiler is bolt on. If you got a replacement lid from an IS200 that didn’t come with a spoiler then you would need to drill the holes. 

• Like 1

I'm a bit superstitious about adding parts from another car, but the donor car doesn't seem to have been crashed. reg is V416 GDB, correct me if I'm wrong!

If it was your car, please know that the parts will be well looked-after, and will live on in my car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links