Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Frontseats RHD and LHD

Goodday all,

Does anyone know if the driverside seat of a RHD is the same as the LHD passenger seat, in particular the mountingrails.

I'm in the NL and can only manually adjust the height of the driverside seat but would like to have this on the passengers side as well.

If they are the same, does anyone perhaps know where I could buy a used seat(from a salvaged car) in the UK and have them shipped to NL. 

It's getting more difficult for my elderly parents to get out the passengerseat so if I could adjust the height of the seat that would be a little better.

Thank you!  

I cannot answer your direct question, but there is always the possibility and an easy fix, to get a raised seat pad I know they do firm ones especially for that purpose to raise a chair in the home.

• Like 1

Thank you for the tips.

Yes the raised seatpad was one of my options but if I can find a relative cheap adjustable OEM seat that would be my preference so I can keep everything OEM.

Thanks cheers,

Martin  

I should imagine that the seat rails would be the same (?)

Have you looked online (eBay) for a RHD seat from the breakers as many of the do ship overseas, or used to some years back. 

Yes I did look online and there were a few on eBay but too much wear and damage on the leather. I will keep looking and use a pillow for now :-)

Thank you for your input!

Martin

On 6/13/2024 at 2:37 PM, MartsCT200 said:

Goodday all,

Does anyone know if the driverside seat of a RHD is the same as the LHD passenger seat, in particular the mountingrails.

I'm in the NL and can only manually adjust the height of the driverside seat but would like to have this on the passengers side as well.

If they are the same, does anyone perhaps know where I could buy a used seat(from a salvaged car) in the UK and have them shipped to NL. 

It's getting more difficult for my elderly parents to get out the passengerseat so if I could adjust the height of the seat that would be a little better.

Thank you!  

Have you considered a universal raiser in conjunction with your original seat. Most can be rotated to fit either side, then removed should you want to sell the car as OE. At least amazon is mainly world wide lol!

Lfhelper Car Seats Height Adjuster, Steel Alloy Universal Vehicle Seat Lifting Base, 6 Adjustment Level - Elevate Your Driving Experience : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

• 2 weeks later...

@Poundy Thank you for the link, didn't even know those existed but that's a bit too much for my taste and need(for now)

I will keep searching for a used RHD driverseat with leather which is in fairly good condition or if I find a damaged/worn one perhaps I can replace the seat with my mine.  

The hight adjustable frame/mountingrail is actually the only thing I need.

Thank you all for the ideas!

Cheers, Martin 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links