Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cruise control not working NX350h model 2024

I hope someone can help with the issue as I am travelling at the moment. I was on motorway that I realised when I am switching on adaptive cruise control, the acceleration is not functioning. So if I am traveling 60mph and setting it up to 70mph and realising the acceltor then the speed is reducing/slowing down and I have to use my feet to accelerate even tho cruise control is on. Thanks 

May be obvious question, but have you checked you are on adaptive cruise control mode (right hand button), then set the speed with the left hand button?  Both on right hand side steering wheel buttons. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, stepppy said:

May be obvious question, but have you checked you are on adaptive cruise control mode (right hand button), then set the speed with the left hand button?  Both on right hand side steering wheel buttons. 

Yes, it was all working fine last few days on motorway. Traveled like more than 1k miles. I am in France now and it has just happened 2 hours ago. Adapative cruise control is on as I can see it on head up display but accelerating is not working. If I am setting the speed up for 60mph and switch on adaptive cruise control I can’t accelerate manually and the system is not accelerating either. I have to cancel adaptive cruise control then I can accelerate. Strange and not sure what’s wrong. I need to travel 500 miles tomorrow and not looking forward to it without ACC 😞 

Does non adaptive cruise control work?

The front sensor could be dirty / covered in bugs etc, but I would expect there to be a warning message.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions. It’s going green when I am switching it on as I can see it on Head UP Display, line assist is working as well but Dynamic cruise control is not accelerating. That’s the only issue. As soon as I am taking my foot off accelerator the car is slowing down regardless of what speed I set it up. 
there is no warning ⚠️ light/message on the screen. I have just cleaned the sensors and see if that helps in the morning. I feel there might be a fault with speed sensor or something like that? 

Are you sure you don’t have it set to speed limiter, rather than adaptive cruise? The behaviour you’ve described matches the speed limit mode.

Have you also tested to see whether it works in normal cruise control mode (obviously make sure your lane is clear!). 

• Like 1

This might be a stupid question, but:

Which distance to the vehicle in front have you set?

Is it slowing because you are approaching the rear of another vehicle? If the distance is on the longest setting the vehicle in front is quite a good way in front.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tickedon said:

Are you sure you don’t have it set to speed limiter, rather than adaptive cruise? The behaviour you’ve described matches the speed limit mode.

Have you also tested to see whether it works in normal cruise control mode (obviously make sure your lane is clear!). 

Thanks for the reply. I think at some point I saw a message like “speed limiter”. So even if I set the speed to 70mph it still doesn’t accelerate? 
How can I cancel it pls as I can’t remember setting it up?!
the lanes are clear as motorways are quiet with 3 lanes in France where I am travelling. 
I will try normal cruise cruise control later today. Good idea 👍🏻 Thanks 

7 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

This might be a stupid question, but:

Which distance to the vehicle in front have you set?

Is it slowing because you are approaching the rear of another vehicle? If the distance is on the longest setting the vehicle in front is quite a good way in front.

Thanks, that feature is working fine and the car is slowing down when approaching a car but the lanes are quiet and not packed as in the UK 🙂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Thanks for the reply. I think at some point I saw a message like “speed limiter”. So even if I set the speed to 70mph it still doesn’t accelerate? 
How can I cancel it pls as I can’t remember setting it up?!
the lanes are clear as motorways are quiet with 3 lanes in France where I am travelling. 
I will try normal cruise cruise control later today. Good idea 👍🏻 Thanks 

The mode button is usually the bottom arrow/dot of the set that controls the options, you’ll have three options: cruise control, speed limiter, dynamic / adaptive cruise. You need to press the mode until adaptive cruise shows, then set your speed. 

Covered in the manual you can see here: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tickedon said:

The mode button is usually the bottom arrow/dot of the set that controls the options, you’ll have three options: cruise control, speed limiter, dynamic / adaptive cruise. You need to press the mode until adaptive cruise shows, then set your speed. 

Covered in the manual you can see here: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals

Thanks a lot 🙏🏻

4 hours ago, Tickedon said:

Thank you mate for your help. It worked. NX350h with Head Up Display you have to use touch pad on steering wheel and somehow by mistake I have touched speed limiter. I sorted out and all working fine again 🙂 I wish they had not removed the physical buttons on steering wheel for Takumi model. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

Thank you mate for your help. It worked. NX350h with Head Up Display you have to use touch pad on steering wheel and somehow by mistake I have touched speed limiter. I sorted out and all working fine again 🙂 I wish they had not removed the physical buttons on steering wheel for Takumi model. 

Glad you are sorted 😊.

I realised after I made my post that you have the touch sensitive buttons, so what I said may not have been immediately obvious.

I am glad I have the physical buttons being Premium and not Premium Plus spec. 

• Like 1

Great that you got it sorted 😀

I'm still not 100% with all the controls 🙈😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, stepppy said:

Glad you are sorted 😊.

I realised after I made my post that you have the touch sensitive buttons, so what I said may not have been immediately obvious.

I am glad I have the physical buttons being Premium and not Premium Plus spec. 

Thanks, yes some physical buttons are there and some have been removed as punishment for buying premium plus and Takumi. Not sure what Japanese were thinking by removing the phone buttons and a few more useful ones. Yes they have given more options to Premium plus and Takumi but who is going to use the touch pad on steering wheel to go through all of that!! If you want to make a phone call you need to use the touch to select phone option by staring at Head up Display … Thank God at least they got rid of that old fashion touch pad/mouse and replaced it with touch screen. Touch screen is what I always use for making phone calls and answering phones. 

• Like 1

Glad you got it sorted 🙂

Personally I found the HUD and touch sensitive buttons second nature after about 30 minutes driving the car… all very straightforward in my opinion! 

• Like 3

On 6/11/2024 at 6:02 PM, Tickedon said:

Glad you got it sorted 🙂

Personally I found the HUD and touch sensitive buttons second nature after about 30 minutes driving the car… all very straightforward in my opinion! 

Thanks, The main reason I go for Takumi version is the head up display as it was introduced to me for the first time 2020 when I bought the UX. Then when upgraded to NX350h (size wise at least) I definitely wanted to have it plus automatic parking feature that I thought might be useful for my partner 😄 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links