Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

IS300h hybrid battery cover stone and gravel

So I've been getting a weird noise for a week now when I turn the car, more specifically when turning right, anyway thought I would clean out the hybrid Battery cover tray as I haven't done it for a while and last time I didn't remove the cover, just kept tapping on it. This time I decided to partially remove the cover and WOW!!!

Amongst the stones and gravel was glass shards and what looked like Himalayan salt fragments!

Not gone for a drive l yet. It hoping it was all the stones causing the noise. Process of elimination.  The kind of noise ice been getting sounds like a plastic water bottle being crushed.

PXL_20240610_104010051.thumb.jpg.0acad01be0d81b93cf452fbd51d18ecf.jpgPXL_20240610_104013414.thumb.jpg.55a6ed9625f229a1558accc219d99660.jpgPXL_20240610_104543920.thumb.jpg.655ee77b04decee812abbb7cff93cfc3.jpgPXL_20240610_105553210.thumb.jpg.39392aedbfb53e89e0392c759e2b9d6a.jpgPXL_20240610_104534882.thumb.jpg.5c839f6d59c137ca8f41f40861784b9d.jpg

• Thanks 2

So been for a drive the noise is still there but now I know how to replicate it. I'm wondering if there is a stone trapped in the spring which is why is making the crunchy sound.

Will take car to mechanic when I get time.

2 minutes ago, IS300FSPORT said:

What tools are required for the job? 

Think just a flat head to pop the centres out to remove the clips.

Screenshot_20230601_211553_Chrome.jpg.e5efb8ca3de34840348601a0f4efdf57.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flat head to pop the retainer which connects to bumper.  Followed by 10mm and 12mm ratchet.

I only removed the retainers and middle 3 bolts that gave me enough access.

• Thanks 1

Had a service at Lex-Tek today. While car was on ramp, asked them to look at the grit in rear bumper. Knew it was in there from sounds coming out of tray.

Photo below. So much grit. Empty part box for scale. 

IMG_6997.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Another place to look at is the rear wheel arch liner.

Wearing a glove run your hand inside the rear wheel arch. You may be surprised to find how much mud & dirt collects up there which I think contributes to wheel arch paintwork bubbling/rust.

When I wash the car it's now my routine to clean inside there to remove the accessible dirt.

post-47538-0-88214700-1380569210_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IS300FSPORT said:

Another place to look at is the rear wheel arch liner.

Wearing a glove run your hand inside the rear wheel arch. You may be surprised to find how much mud & dirt collects up there which I think contributes to wheel arch paintwork bubbling/rust.

When I wash the car it's now my routine to clean inside there to remove the accessible dirt.

post-47538-0-88214700-1380569210_thumb.jpg

A few days ago I was having an MOT and while on the ramp i could see dried mud all along the wheel arches of the back wheels as shown in the photo. Cleared most of it but the mechanic wasnt too happy with the mess on the floor. Luckily he had a pan and brush so i cleaned it. 

Also, at the bottom of the back bumper on the left and right sides theres a lip or something and that catches dirt. I noticed that as well while on the ramp and cleared ALOT of stuff out. Worth checking to see if it need cleaning..

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links