Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thinking of selling

59k miles. 2017 Sport + ML, etc

Full Lexus service history (last serviced 7th June 2024).

Had new front discs and new pads all round last year, so needs nothing.

PM me if interested.

E6EEEF89-ACDA-46D8-B775-82C2BA3B46C5.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Flytvr said:

59k miles. 2017 Sport + ML, etc

Full Lexus service history (last serviced 7th June 2024).

Had new front discs and new pads all round last year, so needs nothing.

PM me if interested.

E6EEEF89-ACDA-46D8-B775-82C2BA3B46C5.jpeg

How did the LC compare to your RCF? If my memory is correct you kept the RCF much longer!..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

How did the LC compare to your RCF? If my memory is correct you kept the RCF much longer!..

Hi Nean.

I've had the LC for.... two years. Not sure how long I had the RC-F for... a little less I think.

Comparison..... so many differences.  Here's a brain dump -

LC + side -

Looks and attention (if you like that sort of thing)

Exhaust - crisp and exotic sounding (no drone)

Induction and downshifts - amazing

Handling - being 4 wheel steer, better turn in

In summary, I think the LC is more of a special occasion car i.e. it feels special when you get in it. Also, I'd argue that it's more fun to drive... more sporty feeling that an RC-F.

LC Negs

Brakes (front) are expensive - but mine have been done

The attention it gets (if that's not your thing)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eightk said:

Booo!

Big question is what’s the replacement?!

Hi Andy.

I've always run the LC as a second car. I have an M240i as my daily (which is bag of fun with the B58). I fancy having just one car as I'm starting to question 2 x insurance, MOT, servicing.... running costs V the enjoyment of owning two cars.

I also think that life is too short and staying with the LC long term...... may not be the right thing to do. Trust me, selling it will be a big decision.

So, if I go ahead, I'll sell both and look at something like an M2... or similar.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Hi Andy.

I've always run the LC as a second car. I have an M240i as my daily (which is bag of fun with the B58). I fancy having just one car as I'm starting to question 2 x insurance, MOT, servicing.... running costs V the enjoyment of owning two cars.

I also think that life is too short and staying with the LC long term...... may not be the right thing to do. Trust me, selling it will be a big decision.

So, if I go ahead, I'll sell both and look at something like an M2... or similar.

I am in a similar boat.

Running two cars can be puzzling when you balance out fun vs cost vs other cars out there to try. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

As soon as they stop making v8's the prices will only go up & lc500 is underrated, its a future classic.

I can't argue with, but I'm guessing that'll be a while yet.....?

Running 2x V8s is quite sensible provided they get equal use, say every other day 

Half the fuel in each ……. refuel 50% of the time and servicing can be extended provided the mileage covered doesn’t warrant ………

Double Insurance and MOT costs for sure ……… is but a small price to pay for excellent motoring and enjoyment ……….

But of course buying and depreciation costs could be double ……… but then you might be getting capital appreciation too 🤔

Potential rarity of future classic Lexus V8s ……… Ls400s have flown away in value recently in many instances 

LCs might be getting there too sometime ……. 

Food for thought 🤔

Malc 

14 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Running 2x V8s is quite sensible provided they get equal use, say every other day 

Half the fuel in each ……. refuel 50% of the time and servicing can be extended provided the mileage covered doesn’t warrant ………

Double Insurance and MOT costs for sure ……… is but a small price to pay for excellent motoring and enjoyment ……….

But of course buying and depreciation costs could be double ……… but then you might be getting capital appreciation too 🤔

Potential rarity of future classic Lexus V8s ……… Ls400s have flown away in value recently in many instances 

Food for thought 🤔

Malc 

Running 3 V8's is even better if you're still paying for one of them .😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Food for thought 🤔

Malc 

See - now you've sent me into a tailspin 😁

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2024 at 4:41 PM, Malc1 said:

but then you might be getting capital appreciation too 🤔

Double appreciation; that is proper man maths

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Flytvr said:

After a glut of test drives, I’ve decided not to sell.

Well, duh, OBVIOUSLY - what else is there
😁

What did you try?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m extremely curious about potential alternatives too.  I love mine but I’m not using it very much since I had a second child, for instance it’s sat there since Wednesday and we used the family car all weekend.  

I’m under some domestic pressure to relinquish it, or consolidate both into one car that accommodates family and fun.  

• Sad 1

Keep them both …….. suggest to the missus how much you might lose £££££££ by being premature in selling ……. them both 🤫

Malc 

On 6/10/2024 at 1:39 PM, Flytvr said:

I understand your predicament and sympathise. I have a similar issue. 

On 6/10/2024 at 4:41 PM, Malc1 said:

What about our darling ISFs ??

22 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

I’m extremely curious about potential alternatives too.  I love mine but I’m not using it very much since I had a second child, for instance it’s sat there since Wednesday and we used the family car all weekend.  

I’m under some domestic pressure to relinquish it, or consolidate both into one car that accommodates family and fun.  

Family AND fun? Like, together? Nope, you've lost me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/7/2024 at 1:46 PM, eightk said:

Well, duh, OBVIOUSLY - what else is there
😁

What did you try?

I currently have the LC as a garage queen and a BMW M240i daily, so the idea was to get something to replace both. Every time I finish driving one, I start missing the other. The screaming V8 v the torquey 6. Both can be intoxicating 🙂

I test drove the new M2 and the new M240i (which I preferred). I was going to look at an Audi RS7 as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links