Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello there, previously I've owned a Lexus RX450h but unfortunately a stupid taxi driver drove into the front quarter of my car and written it off with the whole suspension and subframe bent and it was practically unsalvageable.

However sad as it is i suffered some whiplash but I'm fine in the mean time, so recently i am interested in a 2016 Lexus GS300h F Sport is some metallic silver colour. However when i came over some parts of the vehicle had a different shade of this silver. I don't know if its lighting or just the fact that the plastic can't replicate the same tone as the metallic colour. Prior the seller told me that he resprayed the rear bumper due to minor chips and damages from previous owners lunging stuff into the boot or something relevant. However when talking about this to him he told me that plastic cant replicate fully the colour of the body due to the fact ; "that the car body is aluminium". I looked online to check this but it never explicitly said if its a steel body or aluminium body

So my question is that if truly the whole body was made of aluminium, and when i mean by body i mean body panels, bonnet, doors, boot, quarter panels and not the main structure or anything like that.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Rolis72 said:

So my question is that if truly the whole body was made of aluminium, and when i mean by body i mean body panels, bonnet, doors, boot, quarter panels and not the main structure or anything like that.

No it isn't true. Only the bonnet is an Aluminium Steel alloy, all other body panels are steel.

image.thumb.png.03623de65867fed5f40ff7df7243d1cc.png

Even if it was true, with the correct primer and paint you would achieve consistent colour - otherwise every new car would have been rejected for poor paint.

The fact is that metallic silver is very difficult to match. The vehicle in question had a cheap respray by only doing a single panel rather than a more expensive blending across multiple panels to hide the slight colour differences.

• Like 1

As above, only the bonnet on the GS models was made of aluminium. I'd walk away from that one.  My old RX450h (2014 FSport with genuine very low miles) I see is available now on the forecourt of listers, Cheltenham (I saw it there on Thursday) if that would interest you instead Roland?  That one is genuine, immaculate throughout and A1 mechanically.  I can vouch for it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links