Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I’ve been reading through the items covered by the Relax warranty and notice that “sensors” ARE covered. One of my front parking sensors is faulty and I can’t see why this would not be covered under Relax. Has anybody had one or more of these replaced under Relax and, if not, what argument could Lexus use to exclude these items from the warranty.

Fair enough, I just hoped someone had been successful before I entered the lions cage. I’m just a weak old pensioner wishing I had some ammunition to load into my potato gun. 🤪

15 minutes ago, Pompeyscouser said:

Fair enough, I just hoped someone had been successful before I entered the lions cage. I’m just a weak old pensioner wishing I had some ammunition to load into my potato gun. 🤪

Paul hi.  I found parking up on the Main Dealer forecourt, presenting yourself ( walking stick in hand ), say late morning but before lunchtime, might generate some sense of empathy from the MD who will sit you down with a coffee and have a chat …… from which they will simply say YES 👏 

Try it and see 👍

Malc 

they might say NO but empathy is on your side methinks ! 

• Like 1

I think if it says it is covered and you have the relax warranty then it should be covered. They cant make excuses to get out of it. They most likely cant claim fair wear and tear as its a parking sensor. Dont think it is meant to wear out.

On a separate note i dont totally understand how or why  warranties have this fair wear and tear clause. Surely if the manufacturer is saying they warrant the car for xx years and they say xx part is covered then they believe that those parts shouldn't go bad within that period?

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 10:24 AM, Notamech said:

I think if it says it is covered and you have the relax warranty then it should be covered. They cant make excuses to get out of it. They most likely cant claim fair wear and tear as its a parking sensor. Dont think it is meant to wear out.

On a separate note i dont totally understand how or why  warranties have this fair wear and tear clause. Surely if the manufacturer is saying they warrant the car for xx years and they say xx part is covered then they believe that those parts shouldn't go bad within that period?

Probably just clauses to protect themselves from opportunists/people well versed in legal language going "well, technically, you could interpret the wording to mean X is covered" and failing to cover it could result in a legal battle. That and anyone abusing the car in ways it wasn't designed to be used.

4 hours ago, TheMcSame said:

Probably just clauses to protect themselves from opportunists/people well versed in legal language going "well, technically, you could interpret the wording to mean X is covered" and failing to cover it could result in a legal battle. That and anyone abusing the car in ways it wasn't designed to be used.

Buy they already have other terms and conditions that specifically void your warranty if the car is not used in ways it is meant to e.g racing / towing more than the specified weight etc. Plus there is a mileage limitation + time limitation e.g the relax warranty is valid only for 10k miles or 1 year to prevent overuse e.g driving it as a taxi - But even those that stick within their specified framework sometimes get short changed for "fair wear and tear" which to me doesn't make sense.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links