Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car insurance for Lexus CT

Dear fellow Lexus CT drivers

Has anyone had problems with car insurance?

My insurers has advised me that they no longer will insure Lexus CTs due to "large increase in the number and cost of claims "

The cheapest quote is now over £800? (over 100% more than I pay currently)

Has anyone else had these difficulties? Do you know any car insurer who offers better renewal price?

Thanks all!

Nadeem

Unfortunately, its now cheaper for me to insure an EV over a CT.

I'm also getting quotes over £800!!!

Well I queried my premium and they told me it was higher, because I was worth more. 🫣

• Haha 1

Mine went up from £284 to £461, wasn't happy so went on to the compare site and best I could get was £393 but my insurer was happy to match it, for me to stay with them.

Use a compare tool like this one https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance/

Suprinsingly, my ct only increased by 20% in march.

Never ever re-insure with the same insurer without consulting the market. Once you get the best price, contact your current insurer for a price match if you are that loyal/desperate.

Tip: sweet spot is about 24 days before your insurance expires.

• Like 1

Search the forums on this site. There are numerous posts about this subject and a conclusion would be that it seems that the insurance companies are using the increased report of thefts of newer Lexus models to justify declining or massively the increasing premiums on Lexus models that are not affected by the sole issue that only affects these newer cars.  

My neighbour who currently owns a 3 year old top of the range BMW, ordered a brand new top of the range RX450 earlier this week. Got home, contacted his insurance broker, quoted £7,000 for insurance. Rang the dealer and cancelled the order!  Where will it all end?

• Sad 1

Not a CT but a 2015 Toyota Auris hybrid TS. 

Re insured with the AA after compare the market search, all around £500+ but nobody I had heard of. Phoned AA and haggled and accepted at £603. Around 80 more than last year. 5 years NCD. Age 45. good area, no points etc and same excess as last year, plus business use. 8k miles per year.

11 years NCD used on my 1996 Volvo 940. £220 fully comp for business use. Zenith Insurance. Not heard of them either, but if accident, sure just written off due to car being 28 years old.

James.

I had the same issue with LV, saying that they will no longer be insuring my CT (been with them for 2 years). I went to Money Saving Expert and got Fully Comp 3Yrs NCD for £300 with Hastings Direct. 

• Like 1

Think all insurances are jumping on the bandwagon just got house insurance, buildings and contents renewal through/ last year  £323 this year £760, where do they get these figures from, I'm fairly confident I do less miles in house than the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links