Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus RZ or Subaru Solterra ?? ELECTRIC

Hi my UX 300 Takumi, Electric goes back soon, and I might upgrade to a RZ Electric, but I notice on Lease the Subaru Solterra is the same car ? And allot less per month .

Has anyone driven the Subaru , is it the same suspension as the Lexus ? 
is it built on the same production line as the Lexus ?
any info greatly appreciated.

thank you…

I've sat in both the Toyota bZ4X and Lexus RZ - the Toyota interior quality is significant poorer, a lot of hard harsh plastic, and I'm really not a fan of the dash design. The Lexus is what you'd expect (minus any real leather - which is really annoying). The Subaru looks to be very similar to the Toyota interior - so I'd personally avoid.

To me the BZ4x & Solterra are practically the same, the RZ is much nicer inside & looks a lot better than the other 2. The only thing I dont like on the RZ is the flap for the charging point, it doesnt ever seem to fit well & feels like cheap plastic. Also none of the cars have sliding covers for the panoramic roof so you cant block the sun, apart from the RZ which if you spend more you get roof glass that turns white at the press of a button. In the toyota you can get a JBL sereo upgrade but its not a patch on the Mark Levinson upgrade on the Lexus.... oh & none of them have a glovebox! genius.

• Like 1

I’ve had 4 PHEV’s before the RZ and all of the charging flaps were similar.

I had 2 Merc’s and they had a common issue where if any force was put on them when open then they broke. As they were at the rear it was easy to brush up against them - when they broke the rear bumper had to be removed and a whole new ‘socket’ was required. On the Merc forum this was a common complaint. 
The BMW was exactly the same as the RZ. 
The Ranger Rover Velar’s was more sturdy and more like a ‘petrol flap’ but strangely there was a lever in the car to open the petrol flap but not the charging flap. 

I have the Takumi with the panoramic glass roof and the switchable shading works well. There is one minor frustration with it - most of the time I want it clear but it defaults to opaque every time you turn the car off. They could easily have an option to select the default - summer opaque, winter, autumn, spring, clear !

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 9:52 PM, wivenhoe said:

I’ve had 4 PHEV’s before the RZ and all of the charging flaps were similar.

I had 2 Merc’s and they had a common issue where if any force was put on them when open then they broke. As they were at the rear it was easy to brush up against them - when they broke the rear bumper had to be removed and a whole new ‘socket’ was required. On the Merc forum this was a common complaint. 
The BMW was exactly the same as the RZ. 
The Ranger Rover Velar’s was more sturdy and more like a ‘petrol flap’ but strangely there was a lever in the car to open the petrol flap but not the charging flap. 

I have the Takumi with the panoramic glass roof and the switchable shading works well. There is one minor frustration with it - most of the time I want it clear but it defaults to opaque every time you turn the car off. They could easily have an option to select the default - summer opaque, winter, autumn, spring, clear !

How much heat does it let in? With my NX if I leave the sun shade open on a hot day the car is roasting. 

The opaque seems to work really well, throughout last summer I can’t remember the car being overally hot when left parked in the sun.. Recently in about 20c the car is quite cool but my drive is sheltered so that may help and in very hot weather I use the preconditioning which helps a lot !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links