Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Highest Speed Hit?

Just arrived back from a trip to the Nurburgring for N24 and just a general driving holiday, obviously had a play on a deserted evening autobahn to stretch the cars legs and managed to hit a speedo indicated 190mph!! I am wondering what speeds other people have hit?

• Like 1

Just coming off my murial and hitting at least 1.5 kmph using the walls for support.

Indicated 177 mph, several times on the 3 lane autobahn near Duren on the way to / from the 'Ring.

That was when the limiter kicked in. Several attempts to go faster were also thwarted by the limiter.

I wonder if the ISF is not limited?

What did GPS say? The speedo goes out by some margin the faster you go. I had 170 on mine but GPS took 10mph off that.

20 minutes ago, RichGS11 said:

What did GPS say? The speedo goes out by some margin the faster you go. I had 170 on mine but GPS took 10mph off that.

Honestly was not looking as was a bit focused on the road 😂but yeah I expect it to be about 175mph GPS/Actual

Awesome when limiter is removed. I've only done 10% over on certain road not in this country though 😂

I've also got a GT4 ST205 with just shy of 550brake and that was still accelerating at 177 gps

All about the actual road and conditions.

I was doing 110 and my wife didn't even notice on a quiet motorway. Probs could have crept up to 140 before she started shouting.

Maybe I am getting too soft but I try not to go over 100mph even for the shortest bursts of speed on "apparently" quiet roads as it is an instant ban followed by the insurance rip-off merchants jumping on the bandwagon. Too many cameras.

When I first got the isf I gave it a little test - kick down at 65 mph on the motorway. Before I knew it the thing had leapt up to 120mph and was still picking up speed very rapidly. I had heard that the UK export models were limited to 176mph - I will not be finding out if that is true.😉

1 hour ago, GMB said:

Maybe I am getting too soft but I try not to go over 100mph even for the shortest bursts of speed on "apparently" quiet roads as it is an instant ban followed by the insurance rip-off merchants jumping on the bandwagon. Too many cameras.

When I first got the isf I gave it a little test - kick down at 65 mph on the motorway. Before I knew it the thing had leapt up to 120mph and was still picking up speed very rapidly. I had heard that the UK export models were limited to 176mph - I will not be finding out if that is true.😉

When I went up to Heysham to see a SC 430 I took the seller out in mine to show him the effect of the throttle controller as his car did not have this feature. Down the dual carriageway and wallop the ton. Coming back I pass the police car parked up....they heard me gulp in Tokyo. My passenger insisted it had not been there when we came past, but I sweated for a couple of weeks expecting the worst.

I understand the RCF is limited to 168 MPH - have not had the chance to test this though. Need to pop to Germany….

1989    -     179mph ( on the speedo ) on a TT spec V&M racing tuned Yamaha FZR 1000 Exup, de-restricted, gas flowed with Cobra straight thro' exhaust and free flow air filter.  Never again!!😮

15 hours ago, RCF Fan said:

I understand the RCF is limited to 168 MPH - have not had the chance to test this though. Need to pop to Germany….

Not sure how the limiter works but would expect it’s electronic based upon indicated speed.  Interestingly, I’ve heard that you can go at least 179mph….indicated.

I may be off to Milbrooke again soon, I'll see what it tops out at. Although mine is modified, the gearbox and ratios are the same.

On 6/7/2024 at 7:34 AM, ColinBarber said:

Limiter is based on actual speed not what the Speedo shows which reads over by design. 

I assume it’s set up at factory to apply an offset based upon actual then?  

On 6/8/2024 at 4:19 PM, Jgtcracer said:

I assume it’s set up at factory to apply an offset based upon actual then?  

Correct, the Speedo is calibrated to read over. 

12 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Correct, the Speedo is calibrated to read over. 

If that’s the case then the ECU is electronically limiting speed based upon indicated speed, and the overspeed is factored in during calibration??  

That seems right….

Wonder what indicated top speed is then based upon the limiter.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links