Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Drivers given final warning as speed limiters fitted to cars

Loads of bol*ocks. If you're oblivious to the speed limits, you shouldn't be on the road. If you speed, you still can. This is literally just another one of those systems for bad drivers. It's enabling much lower concentration etc. Why not invest in better / stricter driving tests? Oh yeah, of course. This would cost the gov. money. If they just adopt another one of these dumb "laws" from the EU, it won't cost them anything. Literally 0 fu*ks given by the people who run this country. It's a joke. Dictatorship disguised as democracy..

• Like 1

I was reading up on this only the other week. I really don't know why we are continuing to follow EU law, when we're supposed to be getting away from this lunacy. 

In my opinion, speed limiting technology also has quite a serious downside which I think would make our roads more dangerous. I can't imagine overtaking will be much 'fun' if the only way to get around the technology (without turning it off manually every time you start the car) would be to floor the throttle and wait for it to be overridden. It would be like HGV 'elephant races'. 

Not to mention another point that the technology that reads speed limit signs isn't always reliable. For instance on my NX (and UX before that...) I can think of two specific examples on my daily commute where it will advise a lower speed limit than what the road actually is. In cases like this if I hadn't turned the technology off, I'd have to floor the throttle to get the car up to the (already low) speed limit. 

As and when I do change my car again at some point in the future, I will make sure I'll do like what I used to do with 'stop-start' technology. Start the car, put on my seatbelt and deactivate the interference. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links