Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• 5 weeks later...

I got new tyres fitted by Selecta Tyre, Macclesfield (via Asda Tyres ~ £600 for 4 Continental PremiumContact 7). They  (Selecta Tyre) also supplied, cloned and fitted new TPMS sensors (branded Autogem). (~£200)

There's a story which I might post about later.

So far so good, but the new sensors don't transmit when the wheels aren't turning so a few seconds after you stop the pressures show as dashed lines or 0 bar. The old ones showed pressures all the time. But I hear that it is common now that they work like this.

Thanks for the reply guys, I bought the below after reading good reviews. The only issue is garage said they couldn’t program them to the car, which is annoying as I’m back to square one with the dash light on 😫

IMG_2770.png

9 minutes ago, hprice1099 said:

Thanks for the reply guys, I bought the below after reading good reviews. The only issue is garage said they couldn’t program them to the car, which is annoying as I’m back to square one with the dash light on 😫

IMG_2770.png

Do you have a good tyre retailer nearby?

It may be worthwhile giving them a call to see if they will check these valves out - for a small fee - despite not actually supplying them.

Fitting TPMS valves is something they’ll be doing on a regular basis, as opposed to a normal garage.

Programmable ones can be cloned to the original sensors with a gizmo which the supplying tyre fitter will have. I think the gizmos are specific to the brand of TPMS, so it is as well to get the sensors from the tyre fitter who fits your tyres. Obviously you need the original sensors to do that. Sensors can also be coded to the car with Techstream - you need the codes from the sensors for that. The suppliers tell you the codes if they are not printed on the sensors.

New sensors do not start transmitting until they are pressurised (in the wheel) and rotated, so you can't program them until they have been fitted. If they are cloned you cannot have the original sensors in or near the car because you would have two sensors with the same code transmitting - that causes havoc. Original Lexus sensors transmit all the time whether pressurised and/or rotating or not.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, johnatg said:

Programmable ones can be cloned to the original sensors with a gizmo which the supplying tyre fitter will have. I think the gizmos are specific to the brand of TPMS, so it is as well to get the sensors from the tyre fitter who fits your tyres. Obviously you need the original sensors to do that. Sensors can also be coded to the car with Techstream - you need the codes from the sensors for that. The suppliers tell you the codes if they are not printed on the sensors.

New sensors do not start transmitting until they are pressurised (in the wheel) and rotated, so you can't program them until they have been fitted. If they are cloned you cannot have the original sensors in or near the car because you would have two sensors with the same code transmitting - that causes havoc. Original Lexus sensors transmit all the time whether pressurised and/or rotating or not.

Ye I’m getting the feeling I’ve made a boo boo, I taken the car to a tyre place before and they said they couldn’t get any readings off any of the sensors, so they couldn’t program it either. They said they’d fit 4 new ones for £220, but I’m still toying with the idea of changing the batteries in the Lexus ones. I found a method of doing it on YouTube 🤞

On 7/3/2024 at 10:18 PM, hprice1099 said:

Ye I’m getting the feeling I’ve made a boo boo, I taken the car to a tyre place before and they said they couldn’t get any readings off any of the sensors, so they couldn’t program it either. They said they’d fit 4 new ones for £220, but I’m still toying with the idea of changing the batteries in the Lexus ones. I found a method of doing it on YouTube 🤞

Check your part number. You can get the originals much cheaper on eBay. Here is an example for a set of 4

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314744520503

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hprice1099 said:

Nice find, I’ve enquired and it not for my car unfortunately. Gen 4 model 😫

Not sure what you mean. Its the same part number. Here is the part no directly from lexus https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-gs-phase-4-tyre-pressure-monitoring-sensor/ its the same as the eBay link.

7 hours ago, Notamech said:

Not sure what you mean. It’s the same part number. Here is the part no directly from lexus https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-gs-phase-4-tyre-pressure-monitoring-sensor/ its the same as the ebay link.

Yes there both for phase 4 (gen 4), I need phase 3 (gen 3). Thanks for looking though 👍🏻

1 hour ago, hprice1099 said:

Yes there both for phase 4 (gen 4), I need phase 3 (gen 3). Thanks for looking though 👍🏻

Aah ok. Got it. I thought you wanted it for gen4. Maybe try googling the part no. You might be able to find it cheaper somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links