Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Annoying rattle/noise

I’ve got an annoying rattle/noise that sounds like it’s coming from my boot but I’m not sure as sometimes I think it’s coming from my passenger door. It is really noticeable at low speed up to 20 mph over uneven road or speed humps, I’ve tried removing the parcel shelf and everything from my boot including the polystyrene tray with the wheel gunk in it but it still does it so looks like I going to have to book it in with the dealer and hopefully they can fix it as it’s really doing my OCD in as I can’t help myself and listen out for it every time.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or as I probably guess it’s just me, I’m even questioning myself whether I’m just hearing it as when you go faster over a smooth surface you don’t hear it but my wife can now hear it as I pointed it out to her.

My advice for any rattle or noise coming from a new car is to take it back to the dealer. They are usually very good at sorting it out.  I hate any rattles and the few I have had have been sorted very fast by the dealer.

• Like 1

Head Rests,Seat belts, 12V. Battery Case, rear seat brackets are sources a  bit of dense foam etc. can be used to erase your issueTel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Head Rests,Seat belts, 12V. battery Case, rear seat brackets are sources a  bit of dense foam etc. can be used to erase your issueTel.

Yes, the first thing I would check is the passenger seatbelt buckle.  Sometimes they do not retract fully and the buckle ends up getting caught and tapping the B pillar.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone I have checked all of the above apart from the rear seat brackets or the 12v Battery case but have now booked it in to the dealer so fingers cross they can sort it.

11 hours ago, Natman01 said:

I’ve got an annoying rattle/noise that sounds like it’s coming from my boot but I’m not sure as sometimes I think it’s coming from my passenger

Mother in law?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DavidCM said:

Mother in law?

Keeping one’s Mother In Law in the boot whilst driving  might be some sort of driving offence and cause points on one’s licence 🤔

Malc 

• Haha 1

I was getting an annoying rattle as well but found it was the passenger seatbelt buckle that had slipped down and was vibrating against the door column.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All. 
I have the same extremely annoying rattling noise. Brand new car and any small road imperfection makes this super annoying rattling noise. Anyone figured out what’s causing it?

On 5/30/2024 at 8:36 AM, Natman01 said:

I’ve got an annoying rattle/noise that sounds like it’s coming from my boot but I’m not sure as sometimes I think it’s coming from my passenger door. It is really noticeable at low speed up to 20 mph over uneven road or speed humps, I’ve tried removing the parcel shelf and everything from my boot including the polystyrene tray with the wheel gunk in it but it still does it so looks like I going to have to book it in with the dealer and hopefully they can fix it as it’s really doing my OCD in as I can’t help myself and listen out for it every time.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or as I probably guess it’s just me, I’m even questioning myself whether I’m just hearing it as when you go faster over a smooth surface you don’t hear it but my wife can now hear it as I pointed it out to her.

Have they solved your issue? I’ve got exactly the same problem and it’s driving me crazy! 

No but they have got Lexus UK involved as it seems they have got a problem with quite a few LBX’s with the same fault.

Lexus LBX Facebook has zero issues with rattles so it seems you are fairly unique if it is a Build Issue.

Tel

On 5/30/2024 at 9:47 PM, Malc1 said:

Keeping one’s Mother In Law in the boot whilst driving  might be some sort of driving offence and cause points on one’s licence 🤔

Malc 

Todays trivia, in 2002 the US introduced a law requiring the inside of every boot of every new car to include a light and a boot release mechanism. Child abduction figures dropped significantly. Funny society.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, knotfooled said:

every boot of every new car to include a light and a boot release mechanism.

might this be just USA regulations ?   if they can do it for the USA market which is huge, might it be relevant elsewhere too maybe 🫢

Malc

On 6/15/2024 at 11:57 PM, AlexLx said:

Have they solved your issue? I’ve got exactly the same problem and it’s driving me crazy! 

Have you tried checking the plates? Securing them firmly in the bumper did the trick for me

On 6/16/2024 at 12:27 PM, Tel said:

Lexus LBX Facebook has zero issues with rattles so it seems you are fairly unique if it is a Build Issue.

Tel

I can go by what the dealer is tell me and that they a few LBX’s with the same problem hence why Lexus has got involved, hopefully it get resolved soon.

• Like 1

I noticed that my glovebox rattles on an uneven road and it doesn't seem to be a great fit. Maybe a couple of stick on dampers might help.

On 6/17/2024 at 10:10 PM, Natman01 said:

I can go by what the dealer is tell me and that they a few LBX’s with the same problem hence why Lexus has got involved, hopefully it get resolved soon.

I’ve contacted the dealer too. Let’s see what they say. 

Ok so a quick update the dealer had the car for 2 weeks and managed to find the issue. It seems to be the headlining and the passenger or drivers front door I can’t honestly remember but will let you know when I pick the car up.

Just back from the dealer and the car is silent, this was due to the light in the headlining and drivers seat that needed extra padding so if you have an annoying noise at low speed over uneven surface let your dealer know or contact Canterbury Lexus they have all the information you and your dealer will need.

ps no mother in law found in the boot as was suggested could be the problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links