Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2007 is250 se-l sat nav 2007 version 2

Hi guys just bought a 2007 is250 with 60,000 on the clock all working as checked the list on here before buying and what to look for. The sat nav has never been updated 2007 version 2 and has spain etc  on it. System saying no disc but works . My question is where or how can you get updated discs to cover all of europe ?, planning on exporting it to my holiday home where we spend lots of time.

H

1 hour ago, Jane watson said:

Hi guys just bought a 2007 is250 with 60,000 on the clock all working as checked the list on here before buying and what to look for. The sat nav has never been updated 2007 version 2 and has spain etc  on it. System saying no disc but works . My question is where or how can you get updated discs to cover all of europe ?, planning on exporting it to my holiday home where we spend lots of time.

Hi Jane, unfortunately the last update was in ~2018 maybe? It's going to cost you a couple of hundred quid, but it's utter rubbish to say it plainly. You're far better off investing £15 into a decent Phone holder and using Google Maps (that are always up to date) instead.

• Like 1

Hi Jane. Look on eBay for the latest available version. If memory serves it'll be a 2011 disc. What I'm concerned with however is the message No Disc. Look on YouTube how to change the disc. It's easy but to explain would take an age. 

You'll need 2 very thin screwdrivers, like watch makers screwdrivers. 

The two tools to remove the clock fascia should be in the spine of the toolkit in the boot, someone may have pressed ‘Eject’ on the sat nav screen settings Before removing the clock fascia and the disc is not in the reader. 
Do you have the Navigation Instruction Manual? It’s thicker than the cars instruction manual😳

this eBay item no 165154128384 ( not sold by me👍)

is Western Europe , not sure exactly where you intend going!

there is a Northern Europe as well and it’s not much of a phaff to change disc’s once you know how.

IMG_8749.png

• Like 1

I would just double on what Lucas said - don't bother updating the maps, they are basically either entirely obsolete (as is the whole system), or simply just obsolete. Realistically if you have maps from 2007 or as said DVD version likely has 2018 as the last available map, you are still 6 years off. Main roads rarely change, so M1 will be where M1 is, and M25 is still there and so on, both 2007 and 2018 version will be fine, but where you really need sat-nav in the city, to get to your destination, even in 6 years there will be loads of changes to the point where 2018 maps become unusable. On top of that DVD version without full post-code search was, in my opinion, unusable to begin with.

Now I appreciate that with current ridiculous focus on punishing the drivers for anything and everything... phone mount may not be something you want to use (even if still technically completely legal), in which case full replacement android unit would be my choice, could be used as stand alone, or for android auto/crapple carplay... and even cheapest unit for ~£150 will be much better than anything that ever came from Lexus. ~£300 should get best unit on the market, but there is plenty of threads and research on what you should get on the forum. Sure - that will require some know how to fit, but any AV shop that does car stereo should be able to fit them.

On 5/30/2024 at 1:55 PM, Texas said:

The two tools to remove the clock fascia should be in the spine of the toolkit in the boot, someone may have pressed ‘Eject’ on the sat nav screen settings Before removing the clock fascia and the disc is not in the reader. 
Do you have the Navigation Instruction Manual? It’s thicker than the cars instruction manual😳

this eBay item no 165154128384 ( not sold by me👍)

is Western Europe , not sure exactly where you intend going!

there is a Northern Europe as well and it’s not much of a phaff to change disc’s once you know how.

IMG_8749.png

Thanks for the info and yes the tools are in the kit. Going to Bulgaria so zones 1,2 and 3 required . I have a stand alone sat nav just updated so will be interesting to compare once changed , sticking to major routes so should not be a huge variant until i reach Bulgaria where new motorways are built..

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links