Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

10 year warranty. Mileage slightly over

On 6/19/2024 at 7:37 AM, Notamech said:

42410-30040

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/4241030040

Best price seems around £100 cheaper than the front fully shipped. Its definitely worth the wait for non urgent work in my opinion. Realistically it takes around 3 weeks sometimes as amayama dont always hold stock. They order it from toyota once they receive your order then ship it to you. But if its in stock i reckon it may come faster.

It seems there is a newer part: 42410-30041.

I wonder if this is an enhanced and revised part?

1 hour ago, matt8 said:

It seems there is a newer part: 42410-30041.

I wonder if this is an enhanced and revised part?

I may be wrong but i think ending 40 is left and 41 is right or vice versa.

12 hours ago, matt8 said:

Looking at a non-OEM part. 

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/jtekt/3dacf027f31csam

Anyone heard of JTEKT? They seem to be connected to Koyo which are supposedly a Toyota affiliate. 

At half the price of OEM, it’s a good price but is it good quality? That is the question!

Honestly if you plan on changing your car in the next year or 2 might be worth the gamble. But if you plan to keep it for the next 5 years go original. Else like the saying goes buy cheap buy twice.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Update:

I opted for the JTEKT part from Amayama Japan. It cost me £55 plus £58 delivery. No customs due. 

My research showed that JTEKT are a merger of two companies that have been around for circa 100 years, and that merged company is now part of the Toyota Group.

My indie mechanic was very impressed with the part quality. 

I could have got OEM for about £115 but I wanted to give this a shot. If it goes bad soon, I’ll pay for OEM but based on JTEKT’s background, I’m fairly confident all will be fine. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links