Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Why am I doing this ?

Considering everything negative  I have heard about the RZ , I am still going ahead with the lease and I am due  to get car in a few weeks , the RZ takumi . Looks amazing , drives amazing and the quality amazing.  The lease deal was also amazing hence why I could afford. Any other time no way could afford to get into such a premium expensive brand .  Just worried about the range.  I can’t even have the benefit of the Lexus reserve  what will we do if we decide to go on a long trip with our small child.  Just don’t know what to do.  It’s a 2 year lease , im thinking just to experience it then just give beck in 2 years . 

• Like 2

I also just got a rz Takumi for 2 years because the lease deal was amazing. £460 month with 3 months upfront and 10k miles a year. It's a great car and so far averageing 3.5m/kwh. Definitely worth it as I'm finding the positives far out way the negatives 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kieron, can i ask where you got this deal from ? As my Lexus UX 300Takumi Electric is due to go back ….and I’d like an RZ 

especially an24 month deal like yours 

I may also take the plunge but will probably wait September for the following reasons: (i) the 300z if and when available in the UK may be a better option for me because of the increased range and (ii) the UK elections in July - a new government will hopefully not increase the BIK rates that are currently very good on electric cars- I cannot see this happening as this would destroy the electric cars market but who knows

14 minutes ago, FredD said:

I may also take the plunge but will probably wait September for the following reasons: (i) the 300z if and when available in the UK may be a better option for me because of the increased range and (ii) the UK elections in July - a new government will hopefully not increase the BIK rates that are currently very good on electric cars- I cannot see this happening as this would destroy the electric cars market but who knows

I wouldn't bank on a Labour Government not raising taxes on ev's. They have got to get money from somewhere and my long experiences of Labour in power suggests they are very good at finding more inventive ways of taxing you. My DB pension is proof of that!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

I got my road tax reminder this week & it says in red writing that tax on hybrid & ev cars will be going up in 2025. At least it won't be £750 a year though.

I think it is £160 for all ev's however old they are..  Also, any ev's bought from 1st April over 40k will pay the "luxury" car tax for the first time.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

I wouldn't bank on a Labour Government not raising taxes on ev's. They have got to get money from somewhere and my long experiences of Labour in power suggests they are very good at finding more inventive ways of taxing you. My DB pension is proof of that!

The current government has not been great on that front also. If a new government increases BIK on EV then the EV market will collapse, I have no doubt about it

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

Not wholly relevant but here goes 
John - I’m old enough to have worked during the very strong unions in the ‘70’s and labour taxation. Once bitten ……

I have been mulling over equity relief and when Labour get in will probably take as much as I can as I am sure Labour will tax equity release as unearned income. I really do hope I’m wrong, but with so many young Labour MP’s viewing us old ones as having handed on a plate they won’t be able to resist it. This I think, is why Hunt yesterday challenged Labour to deny they are going to tax property as capital gains tax - if this gets out it may have the same effect as when May’s votes plummeted after the ‘rob your house for care costs’ election !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

I got my road tax reminder this week & it says in red writing that tax on hybrid & ev cars will be going up in 2025. At least it won't be £750 a year though.

Just paid £404 for 6 months. Ever get the feeling that you have been robbed? I did. I can't see living standards improving any time soon.  Just to cheer myself up I am going back to the hairy crack post on this forum.🤪

• Haha 1

I got my road tax reminder this week & it says in red writing that tax on hybrid & ev cars will be going up in 2025.

I received my reminder yesterday and unless yours is different to mine, the red writing actually says - From 1 April 2025, vehicle tax rates will change for electric vehicles and low emissions cars. 

Link to the Gov UK info on this - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vehicle-tax-for-electric-and-low-emissions-vehicles#:~:text=From 1 April 2025%2C drivers,pay a fairer tax contribution.

1 hour ago, wivenhoe said:

Not wholly relevant but here goes 
John - I’m old enough to have worked during the very strong unions in the ‘70’s and labour taxation. Once bitten ……

I have been mulling over equity relief and when Labour get in will probably take as much as I can as I am sure Labour will tax equity release as unearned income. I really do hope I’m wrong, but with so many young Labour MP’s viewing us old ones as having handed on a plate they won’t be able to resist it. This I think, is why Hunt yesterday challenged Labour to deny they are going to tax property as capital gains tax - if this gets out it may have the same effect as when May’s votes plummeted after the ‘rob your house for care costs’ election !

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest Labour will not tax property , primary homes, with capital gains. I say this ,because the demographics of voters in this country strongly suggest that any party that seeks to tax the older voting groups will never get re elected. I do assume of course that Labour politicans can do simple Maths.

That demographic paper was laid out in the Times recently and it is stark reading for political parties.

12 minutes ago, HPS13 said:

I got my road tax reminder this week & it says in red writing that tax on hybrid & ev cars will be going up in 2025.

I received my reminder yesterday and unless yours is different to mine, the red writing actually says - From 1 April 2025, vehicle tax rates will change for electric vehicles and low emissions cars. 

Link to the Gov UK info on this - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vehicle-tax-for-electric-and-low-emissions-vehicles#:~:text=From 1 April 2025%2C drivers,pay a fairer tax contribution.

It all looks a bit ominous for all of us🤨

• Like 1

The problem is that politicians from all parties believe that taxing and spending more is the solution. It isn’t. For instance the cost of building HS2 before the project was cancelled was £200 billion. A similar project in France and Europe costs £30 billion. No politician is willing to investigate why there is such a disparity but it is the key question. HS2 is an example but the same happens in the other sectors.

Anyway going back to my initial post I will wait September before ordering the RZ, hopefully I will have more visibility by then.

3 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest Labour will not tax property , primary homes, with capital gains. I say this ,because the demographics of voters in this country strongly suggest that any party that seeks to tax the older voting groups will never get re elected. I do assume of course that Labour politicans can do simple Maths.

That demographic paper was laid out in the Times recently and it is stark reading for political parties.

I really hope you’re right but the younger MP’s won’t necessarily be thinking about 5 years time. You only have to look at Labour in Wales - reduced the speed limit to 20mph (no doubt thinking it would impress the Greens and young climate warriors), according to the BBC at a cost of £ 33m, then grown ups got involved and it has been scrapped. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GMB said:

It all looks a bit ominous for all of us🤨

Anybody want to bet against Labour talking about and then bringing in road mileage charges for EV’s as they pay no fuel duty, only 5% VAT when charged at home. 

• Like 1

Expect the worst then at least you won't be disappointed. I wish I knew the answer but I am afraid the world is going down the pan.

I might just consider an island with low taxation away from potential nuclear fallout and civil unrest. Madeira?? Hmm? nice biking roads. Good wine- sercial verdelho bual and so on...

Yes definitely Madeira - Just looked at the Daily expressrag headline ( yes they really are bonkers ) . Putin is going to drop an atomic bomb on Paris during the Olympic games. It must be true because the express says so.😬. Run for the hills!😮

10 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

Anybody want to bet against Labour talking about and then bringing in road mileage charges for EV’s as they pay no fuel duty, only 5% VAT when charged at home. 

I think something like that is much more possible. At worst it is the kind of marginal policy that offends a relatively small part of the voting electorate whilst coming with the offset of pleasing any who have an issue with Ev's.

I will tell you where I wouldn't want to be. I wouldn't want to be a private landlord in the rental sector. For all the reasons above and then because it will align powerfully with the Labour ideologue of wealth distribution.

An issue with a bulls eye on it's back.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GMB said:

Yes definitely Madeira - Just looked at the Daily expressrag headline ( yes they really are bonkers ) . Putin is going to drop an atomic bomb on Paris during the Olympic games. It must be true because the express says so.😬. Run for the hills!😮

Glad you didn't say run for the high ground. Eiffel Tower. Although the view would be astounding for about 5 seconds.

11 hours ago, GMB said:

I might just consider an island with low taxation away from potential nuclear fallout and civil unrest

Falklands might be an ok option for you  .  ??   Tristan do Cunha  ..........   ......  I won't say Sheppey coz of the local nuclear fallout from the french Nuclear Power Stations maybe and summer riots from the holidaymakers descending and all that potential Civil Unrest 

Malc

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Falklands might be an ok option for you  .  ??   Tristan do Cunha  ..........   ......  I won't say Sheppey coz of the local nuclear fallout from the french Nuclear Power Stations maybe and summer riots from the holidaymakers descending and all that potential Civil Unrest 

Malc

And that's before consider the hazard from aging drivers driving V8's. 😀

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links