Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Spark Plugs Change RX450H

Well today I bit the bullet and changed the spark plugs on my gen 3 RX , not a lot of fun but quite doable if you’ve got the time.

Followed a very good video on u-tube

It took about 5hours the only difficult bits were removing and refitting a couple of bolts at the back of the engine near the bulkhead (trouble is I’ve got very big hands!)

comparing old with new ……..was it necessary at 65000??
lots of bits to take off!

IMG_0935.jpeg

IMG_0936.jpeg

IMG_0937.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Well done for persevering with it!

I had mine done at the mean dealer a couple of years ago, won't need to think about it again for another 40,000 miles and maybe my annual mileage will be slowing up a bit by then and/or it's something I'll take a judgement on....

Well done but I never had to take the car apart the last time I changed the plugs ?

Ok it was a 64 Mini 1071’s but even so.  

10 hours ago, VFR said:

Well done but I never had to take the car apart the last time I changed the plugs ?

Ok it was a 64 Mini 1071’s but even so.  

Ah yes the good old days!
Even my old V8 Jag was easier than this!

I got a 120k service at Lexus Coventry. As it was fixed pricing it included the spark plug change. £660 all in.

IMG_0935.jpeg

OMG Plumbers and nightmare comes to mind. What ever happened to lovely engines under a clutter free bonnet

Sold: Ford XY Falcon V8 Station Wagon Auctions - Lot 33 - Shannons

I remember a friend tipping me off to mark the plugs and oil filter with a dot of paint to check that they had actually been changed🙈

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links