Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Trying to sell cars.

Our UX is being serviced tomorrow and we are paying the reasonable sum of £18 for collection and delivery. We got a phone call today from the dealer which I guessed to be confirmation of the service and also the collection time but he  tried to start a conversation asking us  if we wanted to buy a new car and were we happy with our current car? 

This cold calling I think is very un Lexus like and has  never  happened before.  Is this what all car dealers are like  now? 

I personally have no experience of this - but other members have mentioned it here quite a few times where a Lexus dealer has approached them in a similar way (especially those with cars on PCP).

There is a more limited supply of used cars at the moment (such that big companies are making changes to how they operate and closing locations: https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/lithia-confirms-hundreds-of-job-losses-at-pendragon-as-us-giant-kills-off-carstore/300953), so unsurprising dealers are trying the channels they have to source stock. 

This is especially true of cars from 2020, 2021, and 2022 due to the impact of covid and fewer new cars sold then (which is now feeding through to the used car market)- so your car probably has prime appeal!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links